ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

:( bought HID's :(

hi,

i had 4300K/5000K hid's for my dims.
so then i bought H7 5000K for my fulls.
but the h7 don't fit as the standard h7 halogen bulb went into a holder then into the headlight..

any way to get these to work?

thanks

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
I think there was a solution for this. Try a search but am sure someone will post tomorrow. Btw why do want them in your full beam?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Your fitting hids to your full beams?? WTF? Are you short of a chromosome?

did a search but couldn't find anything about hids in the fulls.
im putting them in the fulls as im from a VERY small town here so most of roads are back roads with no light so just trying to brighten the place up.

who around here isn't missing some chromosome???

thanks for the help

also bump!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Brilliant. So you want lights that respond slower because visibility is poor. Genius.

Polo + Micra
Well at 60mph you've nearly travelled 90 metres in very dim light in 3 seconds.

not really as the dipped should stay on with the full beam

but as said above get some H1 osram nightbreaker+ for the fulls

Clio 182
on my PH2 you can remove the plate that the holder quarter turns into, 2 torx head screws IIRC, and you can clamp the bulb sweetly under that, remove the wires from the holder connect them to the ballast as per diagrams, keep hold of the holder though in case you want to return them back to halogens at some point, dont forget to insulate the spade terminals ive seen alot of tards who neglect insulation, its there for a reason!

Clio 182
Sorry chap slight error of memory this is what i did,

Remove the plate attached to the holder

One.jpg

Thats this bit

two.jpg

Then pass the wires through that so you can clamp the bulb in like below, I had to cut off the grommet, but cut it neatly and you can use it with a bit of heatshrink to tidy it back up

three.jpg

Its just clamped under those 2 little torx screws, works mint had mine like that for long, also have never been flashed with HIDs and they passed MOT.

Hope this helps and isnt completely different and irrelevant

CHeers

Pete