ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bowers and Wilkins P7's

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hi all im after getting a pair of Bowers and Wilkins head phones but just wanted to know if they are any good?
Is there anything else better for the money?

Many thanks.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I have a pair of c5's - that went wrong after 6 months. Absolutely fantastic service to get them fixed/replaced quickly.

Faultless sound, absolutely impeccable. Where will you use them though? I don't think the P7 has much isolation, but I'm not 100%.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Are they good?

I want to listen to music while my misses + kids watch the TV, don't the Grado's have an open back?

I did have a pair of Bose QC 25's (i think they where the 25's) but i wasn't very impressed so i took them back to the Apple shop.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Another vote for Grado's here, wicked headphones... I've killed loads of pairs of headphones in the past, lasting only a few months. My Grado's however lasted me 7-8 years.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Another vote for Grado's here, wicked headphones... I've killed loads of pairs of headphones in the past, lasting only a few months. My Grado's however lasted me 7-8 years.
What one's do you have?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Oh ok, ill look into it.

Who stocks them, really want to listen to a pair 1st.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Different people will have different opinions.. (like CS tyre threads haha...)
Go to a shop and listen to some .. use the thing you'll be listening to (i.e.: iPod / Phone etc) and play some stuff you'll be listening to normally.
No point buying something that makes dance music sound amazing when all you listen to is 60BPM jazz...

I bought a pair of Lindy noise cancelling closed 'phones for £40 through Amazon a year or so back when I was travelling with work.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001COBIUY/?tag=cliospnet01-21
For £40 they are AMAZING. I'm not suggesting they're Bose/B&W quality but they're £40 not £300.
If they break or I fancy an upgrade, I'm going to get the big brother - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DNC9CVU/?tag=cliospnet01-21

As I think you know, Scott .. I'm a bit of an audiophile, and the £40 ones are absolutely magic IMO. Decent bass response (and not too bad on long flights etc from a comfort PoV.)
These get about 8.5/10 from me. They could be a little larger and slightly better made but from the price point - they're a full 10/10.

He very much knows what he is doing when it comes to hifi :)

And its in a lovely showroom

I am sure you could try your 40 quid beats against a 4k pair of abyss to see the difference

Last edited:

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I have the Grado SR80's great headphones but they do leak quite a bit of noise..

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Love my P7's, wear them 10 hours a day 5 days a week at work, had beats pro studios before them and they are a great improvement and they look great, pads were a bit hard at first but have soften.
Definetly recommend them.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
They are Scott yep, very transparent. I had a pair of SR80's. They leak sound like a tramps socks in the rain though so may not be ideal for you.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Love my P7's, wear them 10 hours a day 5 days a week at work, had beats pro studios before them and they are a great improvement and they look great, pads were a bit hard at first but have soften.
Definetly recommend them.

Wow you know I read an article once saying you shouldn't wear headphones for more than 2 hours per day as they could permanently damage your ear drums if listened to in excess! 😧

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Wow you know I read an article once saying you shouldn't wear headphones for more than 2 hours per day as they could permanently damage your ear drums if listened to in excess! 😧

I will have damaged hearing in the future then, it's common in my job for people to have headphones on all day, it's the only way to zone out in some studios.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I will have damaged hearing in the future then, it's common in my job for people to have headphones on all day, it's the only way to zone out in some studios.

"As a rule of thumb, you should only use MP3 devices at levels up to 60% of maximum volume for a total of 60 minutes a day," says Dr. Foy. "The louder the volume, the shorter your duration should be. At maximum volume, you should listen for only about five minutes a day."

"Unfortunately, the type of hearing loss caused by over exposure to very loud noise is irreversible, making prevention paramount,"

😧

http://www.osteopathic.org/osteopat...ry/general-health/Pages/headphone-safety.aspx

At the moment I'm getting the bus to work and walking home so am listening to earphones for about 60-90 minutes per day... but after the article I read ages ago (can't find it online) I actually stopped listening to my headphones at night... it really scared me! Especially when my mum suffers from tinnitus, it drives her insane.

2014 Focus Titanium
Keynes don't worry unless you're listening at loud volumes then it won't do any harm. Just listen at normal volume levels (like you would in say your car) and you could keep them in 10 hours a day if you wanted.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So ive just bought a pair of Beyerdynamic T90, not cheap but so far they are amazing.

blog_Beyerdynamic-T90-Headphones-16-of-20.jpg

Think i need a headphone amp next.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I just bought some Final Audio Design headphones... heard they need something like 60-80 hours of wearing in time but sounding good so far :)