ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boxing Day GTi

106 GTi
Rich - Imo it's the tyres, I ran avons on my valver years ago, awful things tbh. God knows what my mate had on his gti, it really was ace though.

I assume yours is 100% standard ?

They are bad but I have driven on worse - even when pushing hard they seem to have plenty of bite which is odd, I expected them to understeer on the front but they don't - only time they move around is under heavy braking at the back on uneven surfaces it likes to wag the tail a touch !!

When I drove a brand new GTi from new was P6000's which did the same ! They will be coming off anyway so not worried.

Car is not 100% standard - but at the moment suspension wise it is all standard for now.

not overly keen on the light steering

Bin off the PAS ? Thankfully the 1*2 isnt that heavily assisted but really missed the manual rack coming from my GT Turbo to the 172 before my 182. IMO on cars of that weight PAS is as much use as tits on a fish.

106 GTi
Is an option Si it has been lost from the racecar - must admit the thought has crossed my mind, only time it is useful is when getting it back in the garage !

M

mini-valver

Rich, the back end on my VTS was f**king TERRIBLE. Under hard braking, you'd be sideways and and long sweeping bends doing 3 figures, it felt asif the wheels pointed left-right, instead of forwards. I had dodgy tyres on but TBH, I think it was a mixture of tired dampers and the load valve. I didn't get chanced to change mine (you saw what happened :() but If I was you, those would be the first 2 things I'd look at.

Absolutely stunning mate, jus like your chops!!

Anyone that doesn't "get" the GTi's/VTS's needs to drive one for a week and abuse it. Fantastic little cars.

106 GTi
Cheers - The shocks are getting changed for Billies as soon as I have some spare beer tokens Dave, will have a look at the load valve, as you really can feel it wag it's tail when standing on the middle peddle. x

You knowsit mate - I throughly enjoyed the half a tank of Vpower I used on my little jaunt, only went home because of this ...

n609051652_1626963_732.jpg

Yeah no worries Gem, I shall send it up ;)

M

mini-valver

Mine was awfull, when I had smashed it up, stood on the brakes and had massive tankslap on, lol.

Does yours feel like it wants to overtake you when you're being slightly enthusiastic on long bends? Little twisties it was fine, throw it in and opposite lock with the wheels scrabbling for grip, was brilliant fun. Long bends was twitchy chopper time though.

BTW, if you need any spares from the engine, let me know. Stripped my lump so have coilpack, covers, cam covers ETC ETC. ONly get thrown away else... X

106 GTi
Feels composed on long sweepers just sits there - only feels nervous when really stamping on the brakes very very hard in straight line.

Oh cool - I do need the bracket that holds the ecu to the inner wing if you still have that ?

Cheers xxx

M

mini-valver

I'll get it off for you tommorrow and check the condition. It still feels solid (had the ecu off) but thats the side the impact was so I'll check and Pm you!

xx

106 GTi
lol no probs Gem.

Argh nice to know I had some more miles fun I could have had :( I took it easy when the light came on! Was flying under a quarter of an tank with the main weight being the fatboy in the driving seat !

Static Low
with a good bit of lowering, these cars look awesome.

the exterior looks in great condition mate. top marks.

M

mini-valver

lol no probs Gem.

Argh nice to know I had some more miles fun I could have had :( I took it easy when the light came on! Was flying under a quarter of an tank with the main weight being the fatboy in the driving seat !

You're curvy. A real man :eek:

Dont trust the fuel gauge, I ran out twice, lol.

106 GTi
Such a way with words - some boy ...

I did not fancy running out on Boxing day afternoon and being stranded !

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
I ran my VTS first on A539's, then Eagle F1's - the F1's were awsome - gave you much better turn in, but the back of those cars always seem to squirm a bit under hard breaking - mine was on Koni adjustables too. Think that's just a light car thing - my VX220 does it a little bit too.

Clio wasn't so bad as it was a bit heavier.