ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bracket in arch

Had a search about this, couldn't find anything though...

There's a bracket at the top of the front wheel arch nearest the outside of the car and when cornering hard it catches my tyre. I've been told the only way to sort this is to hammer it out of the way but is there any other alternative?

I'm going to raise the car up a bit which will help, but due to the wide cup tracking I'd rather sort out the bracket anyway if I can.

Any ideas?

It's ok to bend it then?

Iain, I'm running the same height as people with trophy wheels (lower offset) and mine scrubs!

Lionel Richie
yeah just bend the little tab on the edge (it points towards the floor) bend that up

like this (excuse the rust!)
DSC_0188.jpg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
You might find that it is catching elsewhere mate, I thought mine was the bracket, but turned out it was actually the archliner at the top of the arch, near where the turret goes up.

Take your wheel off and see if you can see any wear marks on the plastic.

Also, by grinding the bracket it is hardly going to weaken it structurally in my opinion, there is loads of extra beef on the bracket which isnt really needed, it isnt the only thing holding the bumper on so I wouldnt worry about wacking the edge off it. All in my opinion.

Will just bend it then. What does it actually do? Thought it was a fixing for the front bumper which is why I wasnt keen on just bending it.

Pepsi, I had a look and the archliner has only worn where the bracket it so I cant see it being anything else

Golf TDI
this used to catch the tyres on my old car , the best way to deal with it is like said just bend the fucker .

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
i got this when i tried 205/45/16 tryes on my cup for some reason so its back to 195's for me lol