ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake advice

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi guys,

I think my rear discs and pads are shot, so gotta replace them.
Whilst I'm doing it, makes sense to upgrade (probably cheaper than Renault parts too?), but will I have any problems with brake balance if I upgrade rear discs and pads whilst still using standard fronts?

Is it worth fitting aftermarket rears, as most of the braking work is done by the fronts?

Thanks for your help

P.S - it's a Ph2 172 Full Fat

CB600FS
I wouldn't bother upgrading the rears if you haven't on the front, standards are fine on the rears to be honest, they don't do a lot.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Wouldn't bother from what i've heard, rears don't do much anyhow, just buy the complete kit from yozzasport £175 for disks, bearings (pressed in) and new pads. Just put mine on last night :)

Stock rears are fine no more is ever needed.

Talk to Yozzasport about cheap rear disks replacment stuff there about the cheapest unless your willing to shop round loads.