ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Caliper Covers

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
I painted mine red like a year ago and the paint just fades, there that black and murcky now that you can hardly tell theye been done. Also I really like the brembo on them lol might decal my painted ones

If you absolutely must stop them showing a bit of surface rust just paint them black! Painting them red is just advertising the fact that you have a 1.2litre car with tiny brakes.

Sticking plastic vac moulded copies of half of a (already rubbish) Brembo caliper on top of them is even worse and should be reserved for those who consider Neon washer jets and 15" subs performance parts.

Cheers
M

M2 / Golf GTI
Just paint them silver or black. Much more tasteful and doesn't attract attention to your brakes :)

mate go for them they look wicked, saves you painting your brakes and 99% of people wont know they not really brembos.

Charged Superleggera
would be interesting to see these fitted as i dont think anyone has fitted them so you may be the first

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
I had a look through posts and couldnt see anyone that had fitted them so am tempted to try them, dont think these would fade either.

Have already painted mine red with hammerite but the paint is going black with grease and I can't seem to clean it off

Evo
Fair idea mate, but they dont look convincing enough to me. i'd spot they're fake a mile off, but it could fool non enthusiasts...

Cant see em staying on too long with the heat

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Hmm yeah I suppose. Is a good point, I think there glued on so they would probably just drop off after a while lol

Evo
Give it a go mate, if they dont work then its only £20

If they do work and look passable then all the ppl who cant think out the box will look silly and your onto a winner...

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Are brembo brake set ups that expensive?

Most people probably wouldn't be able to tell there not brembo's so that would be a result.

By the way ben r1 your car is amazing and I want it :)

Fake Brembo brake covers - like fake watches IMHO. 99% of people won't notice or give a s**t. The 1% which do notice will know you've stuck plastic covers from e-bay over the top of your standard brakes and brand you an utter, utter c**t.

Your choice!

Cheers
M

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
lol! just complete and utter lol!

You are joking, right?

Yes whole thread is a joke set up to fool you :)

Tbh i'm getting a new car soon and if I end up with a mini I definetly wont put them on, and I most probably wouldn't put them on the civic either as I wouldn't want to ruin the styling on either of the cars.

No, just no.

Red calipers look naff, unless your running Brembo's or AP's. Highlighting the fact that your running stock (tiny) calipers is a no go.

Tbh i'm getting a new car soon and if I end up with a mini I definetly wont put them on, and I most probably wouldn't put them on the civic either as I wouldn't want to ruin the styling on either of the cars.
Sure it is ;)

goo for it i want to see what they really look like.