ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake caliper paint

Mercedes C Class Sport
Is it possible to get hold of a heat resistant paint that matches the colour of your car for your calpiers? Dont know if anyone does them...
cheers

you can but the heat resistant paint in spray can , i got some made up from a paint shop , you can also use it to spray your engine cover .

ask for a celluose type paint , which is high heat resistant , recommend to get good undercoat too .

LY V6 with Recaros
I bought some Hammerite smooth paint last night from Halfords, going to do mine over bank holiday :) Just going to paint it on with a brush, it looks easier than spraying!

down to a preference thing really , that's why i advise the paint shop route , you get what you pay for ??

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
I bought some Hammerite smooth paint last night from Halfords, going to do mine over bank holiday :) Just going to paint it on with a brush, it looks easier than spraying!

if u want to do a proper job take them off and use a wire brush on them and give 3-4 coats of spray paint about 30 mins apart, then leave for a few hours 2 dry b4 driving or your brake dust/dirt will stick to them

LY V6 with Recaros
I wouldn't even know where to start with taking them off lol! I've got the wire brush and stuff to clean them with before hand though :)

I wouldn't even know where to start with taking them off lol! I've got the wire brush and stuff to clean them with before hand though :)

me too , luckily i know the man at the garage who does it nice , had mine done at the same time of the service

Milltek'd 182
IMG_0358.gif

IMG_0359.gif

those are mine (sorry for the big pics) i did them on the car didnt bother taking them off. just used half's caliper paint (a bit more glossy than hammerite) and followed the lines on the caliper. going to do the black bits in gloss when i get a chance.