ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Cooling Ducts fitment - 182

harveyxsmith

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Evening Guys,

I’ve just been prepping the car ready for its first outing at Donington on Wednesday, I’d purchased the Corvette ducts from Frogjam a few months ago as I liked the idea of them looking like the most OEM solution brake cooling.

However, when fitting tonight, I can’t get them to sit nicely around the fog light surrounds. How are people getting them to look decent / fit better with the OEM fog light surrounds in the bumper? Aware I could swap these out but I’d like to keep the OEM surrounds if possible.

I’m thinking of picking up a second set of OEM surrounds and trimming all of the sticky out bits but still not sure if they’d be long enough to sit flush with the surrounds.

Pics attached, cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_9346.jpeg
    IMG_9346.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9347.jpeg
    IMG_9347.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9348.jpeg
    IMG_9348.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9350.jpeg
    IMG_9350.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, E46 M3
They aren’t direct fit. They line up pretty damn well but need adaptors. Given they aren’t a Renault part they are the closest OEM type solution but they will not fit without something in the fog holes.

@04-182 used to 3D print adaptors to make it all line up. Without those it won't fully fit with the holes. As you’ll see below, the inserts nicely fill the gap and make the fit spot on

IMG_7751.jpeg

IMG_7752.jpeg

IMG_5082.jpeg

harveyxsmith

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
They aren’t direct fit. They line up pretty damn well but need adaptors. Given they aren’t a Renault part they are the closest OEM type solution but they will not fit without something in the fog holes.

@04-182 used to 3D print adaptors to make it all line up. Without those it won't fully fit with the holes. As you’ll see below, the inserts nicely fill the gap and make the fit spot on

View attachment 1715439
View attachment 1715440
View attachment 1715441
Thanks, Yarp. This seems the solution, I’ve got a 3D printer so will try and get something sorted.

Appreciate the response.