ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake disks

Renault clio RSi 1.6 16v
I have got a squeek comming from the front brake under light braking, I took a look at the disks and they want replacing as they are worn. The pads look ok.

Is it worth buying replacement Renault disks or is it worth spending a bit more, I've seen some Brembo 'Max' upgrade disks for £63.45 from demon tweeks? I've read somewhere that renault disks are crap quality is this true?

Although my pads look fine is it worth replacing them at the same time or would this be a needless exspense?

The cars a 01 1.6 RSi 16v

Cheers

Rich

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Standard Renault discs are fine for everyday road use imo . If your pads still have plenty left on them i'd just change the discs .

Don't bother with fancy disks IMo they just crack there only advanatge is they look better (although thats down to your preference).
Never had any trouble with Renault or Halfords disks Renault disks are supposidly better material than the Renault ones but since none of either have cracked its difficult to say.
You shoudl always replace pdas at the same time as disk if you want better braking get some DS2500's £60 they are from Demaon tweek and some good fluid and bed them in correct and there superb but I used to use stock halfords replacment pads £17 never had trouble at track days only Bedfrod where they were bad before i went on so they probably just failed as they needed checking the upgrade to ds2500's probably wasn't needed.

Renault clio RSi 1.6 16v
Cheers for the replies fellas,

I'll prob go with the Halfords option as I dont punish the brakes as much as I used to these days (I must be getting old), seeing as the pads are also pretty cheap at £17 I'll just relace them at the same time if that's a proper job. Is it worth keeping the old ones for a future emergency if they've still got pleanty of meat on them?

Rich