ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Dust

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
Cleaned my car next friday, an now my wheels are coated in brake dust.. any reasons for this? it might just because im braking heavy now cause the roads are dry.... but it is quite thick.. what do you think?

Volvo S60 T5
check your driveshaft boot, make sure they aint leaking grease.
What happens is the CV grease gets onto the wheels and the dust sticks to it, looks really bad as you have said.

would help if u drive normal......................lol:eek:
nah tbh ...........i cleaned mine b4 sundays meet .............loads of drivin and they r covered now

Cooper S JCW
I checked my driveshaft boots after reading Mike@Rentech's comment above. Both front gaitors had come off and no clips in sight. Still grease left inside but lots on the wheel rims. I thought the grease deposits had just been from driving over recently resurfaced road surface near me.

I've refilled with grease and refastened them with cable ties. Could have been an expensive fix if left dry!

..I'll have to jet wash the wheels and caliper/hubs/etc now too!

Clio 1.4RT mk2 ph1
Munchkin said:
I checked my driveshaft boots after reading Mike@Rentech's comment above. Both front gaitors had come off and no clips in sight. Still grease left inside but lots on the wheel rims. I thought the grease deposits had just been from driving over recently resurfaced road surface near me.

I've refilled with grease and refastened them with cable ties. Could have been an expensive fix if left dry!

..I'll have to jet wash the wheels and caliper/hubs/etc now too!

Will cable ties hold grease in at high speeds???

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
kaode said:
Will cable ties hold grease in at high speeds???

Yeah cables ties should be ok . I had both the clips snap on my 172 . When i bought my 182 new i put cable ties over the clips as soon as i got it just for good measure . Use big thick ones , about 8mm .