ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Fluid

Civic Type R EK9
Ever since track day my pads have not alot left on front and the stop light and handbrake/brake fluid light has been flicking on whilst going up hills.

When i fit new pads and pistons go back it will probably cure this but it must be really low to come on how do i check and fill it up and use dot 4 yeh??

Cheers ;)

CB600FS
When you push the pistons back, when you've finished doing the brakes, pump the brake pedal out a couple of times, then check the level. It should be more or less on the max line. To top it up just take the lid off and pour some in.

CB600FS
With brand new pads and discs all round (from the factory) the brake fluid level should be on the max. Anywhere near the max line is fine though.

CB600FS
Brake fluid resevoir is at the back of the engine, if you can imagine roughly where your brake pedal is, go forward and its in the engine bay, you'll need to take the engine cover off - T30 screws and its off. At the back, left hand side, about 5 inches down the bulkhead.

Its here lol (Richmcc's Pic) Little yellow dot ontop of the lid, you can see the level sensor wiring going into the bottle aswell
DSC000141.gif

Last edited:
  Civic Type R EK9
Bloody hell how you supposed to check level on that engine will be in the way. Plus my feet aint up that high lol

CB600FS
What more do you want to know?

If you can't find/check the brake fluid after all that, get someone else todo it.

Civic Type R EK9
I now know where it is!! But how you supposed to check level with it hidden right down there behind engine surely engine will be in the way.

Billabong Clio DCI 80
If you cannot reach it, you can always move over to the offside wing and reach it from the side. Anything yellow under the bonnet are designed for the driver (you) to check at regular intervals.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Make sure your engine covers off for a start ;) Just top it up until you can see the fluid in the res and it will be fine .

RS Clio 200
Mark, just take the cap off the reservoir. look down into it and u should be able to see roughly where the level is. If its not completely full, just drop a bit more in until its hear the thread for the cap.

V6 230
As above mate, very easy to check level. Just remove the 4 x 10mm bolts on the engine cover and look to the rear left of the engine, remove the sensor connector and unscrew the reservoir cap.
With a torch will easily be able to see the level and top up if needed.

My light came on when going round corners so checked level and reservoir was nearly empty! Topped up now its fine!