ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake fluid

argh!!!

i tell people not to get 5.1 and they get it.......i use castrol response super DOT 4, best stuff out there.

But lately i think they have been cheating, the fluid is a clear lavender, but lately its been plain amber......hmmmmm.

DO T 5.1 needs chaning more often than dot 4.....circa a month or 2 at most.

Have 5.1 in the NSX and its good, though have no dot 4 to compare. Seconded that you need to change every few months though. Absorbs more water?

-Rob

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 17 May 2004

Have 5.1 in the NSX and its good, though have no dot 4 to compare. Seconded that you need to change every few months though. Absorbs more water?

-Rob
The NSX?

And you wont get your brake fluid temps high enough on the road to see if a DOT5 is better than a DOT 4.

Castrols super DOT 4 has a boiling point aking to that of a DOT 5.1, and castrol SRF which is regarded as the best fluid and costs about 40 quid a ltr......is a DOT4.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 17 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 17 May 2004

-Rob
The NSX?

And you wont get your brake fluid temps high enough on the road to see if a DOT5 is better than a DOT 4.

Castrols super DOT 4 has a boiling point aking to that of a DOT 5.1, and castrol SRF which is regarded as the best fluid and costs about 40 quid a ltr......is a DOT4.

Yes, pay attention Ben..my dad has an NSX now!

Its pretty much purely a track car... and ill bear in mind the Castrol, but previously all i knew was 5.1 was meant to be the best. I was misinformed!

-Rob