ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake hoses mot

172 Credit crunch edition
Hi, i put my car in for mot yesterday (passed for the second year running!!) and the tester said to me that there is insuffiscient slack on the drivers side brake hose.
I have recently put on braided hoses that i got from yozza and looking at it now when i turn the steering full lock to the right the hose seems to be really tight around the shock absorber. This is not normal is it?? And yes i did put the right ones on (the two longer ones on the front and shorter on the rear)
Any ideas guys?

Ill get some later on raining at the moment. Dont think they were fed the wrong way? round the back of the shock absorber a mechanic fitted them so i assumed it was done properly?

Lionel Richie
odd, when i was working there we sold hundreds of them (and put several cars through MOT's with them) never had a problem, maybe you have a hose that is manufactured wrong (although that would be a first!)

post some pics and try and measure the length of the hose, also give Yoz a shout, he'll sort it if there is a problem

it could be the MOT tester just being awarkward, they do exist!

the goodridge hoses for the williams are almost pulled tight on full lock

Yeah the ones on the cup are almost pulled tight they are about 8 inches long aproximatly.

Lionel Richie
as long as they're not restricting lock they they're fine

if you make them longer they then rub on the chassis when turned the opposite way if you understand

Yeah i think the tester was a bit of a over zelous he also pulled it up on it having little or no effort on the rear brake.

Banana
Mine touch the shock on one side on full lock, I think there may be a very slight twist in it, passed the mot no probs though. I think the tester may be an anus lol