ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Light Problem

As simple as it seems, my brake lights have stopped working & i cant fix them. right, a few days ago i noticed one brakelight was out, today the other one went so i bought two new bulbs and fitted them. still didnt work.

Changed the fuse, still didnt work. checked the switch on the pedal in case of loose connection, still didnt work. after checking bulbs and fuses again & again i tested the switch on the pedal with a power tester, No Power.

so somewhere between the battery and the switch there is a problem.

ANY IDEAS?????

all the other lights working? can you try and swap the lights over? maybe try and get the reverse lights on when you brake! there mite be a fault with the brake wires somewhere

is there a miscellaneous fuse or something similar? Ive had a problem with my stereo in a civic before not working, id checked the relevant fuse and wiring and couldnt find the fault, eventually stumbled upon a random batch of fuses in the engine bay and lo-and-behold that was blown, problem solved!

no the problem is before the bulbs and actual lights, its before the switch on the pedal even. thinking it may be a relay or sumthing? aint really sure, might be a loose connection sumwhere, just a pain trying to find where

my local renault place is full of idiots and they charge a fortune. suppose i better, gonna b f****d if sum1 goes into the back of me.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

yeh

wot u cud do tho, is use ure rear fogs everytime u have to slam on the breaks! might work for a while...

it doesnt sound like it if they have both gone but if your desperate check all your fuses, renault wire one of the brakes light in through the dash lights are these working?dont no if the other is wired through someting