ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake lights on when lights are on!?

Golf MK6 GT TDI
Changed my brake lights the other day, (as one was out) I bought the standard stop and tail bulbs. Now when the lights are turned on the brake lights are constantly on, and when the lights are off and I brake, only the "light" part of the bulb comes on, (not the bright "brake light" part) !!!

Can't work out how this has happened, tried searching the forum, and tried the bulbs the other way round

Anyone know what's causing this? Its really confused me so appologies if this doesn't make much sense.
Thanks

MK2 172 FF
are these the bulbs that you can only put in one way? Are they in the right way?

Some of the pegs on them are not equal spaces apart so only fit in one way but you can force them in the wrong way

Golf MK6 GT TDI
I've tried the bulb the other way round and I had no difference, ill try again just incase I've accidently turned it 360!

They did seem quite stiff when I put them in :s

Golf MK6 GT TDI
Just tried swapping them round and guess what... they work perfectlEPIC fail. on my behalf!

Thanks guys

172 Race Car
Pmsl, ive seen worse. Get loads of customers with single element bulbs jammed in the stop/tail holders