ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake lines

Some how my brake lines have snapped, a whole chunk has snapped off, the ones that go along the passenger side of the car to the back. Is there anyway that i can repaire or replace this (i dunno, maybe by buying something that can bolt on to it?) or do i have to replace the whole pipe?

If the whole pipe needs reaplacing how hard is it, or how much would it cost t get done at a garage? I dont really fancy takin the petrol tank off again as its taken me a fair part of the day to get it off and back on again.

you can replace just a section (like a foot or so) if you do it properly and secure the new unions to the chassis solidly. A cable tie round the union and through a box section is fine.

You need to geta flaring tool, some new pipe and the unions. All available from a factors. A garage shouldnt be to dear if you dont feel up to it.

Would a garge be prepared to replace the section then, and not just the full part? Where would i get the unions and pipe from?

Cheers Paul.

all available from a factors like I said in the original reply.

Ask the garage to replace the section. However if the pipes dodgy looking get a whole new one. And no the tank doesnt need to come out.

Oh yeah, sorry, might learn to take note of what i read one day! lol

Cheers for that, think i will go to the garage in the morn and ask for the section doing, the rest of the pipe looks o.k, but if the tank doesnt have to come off then it will probally be easier than i thought to replace?

Its one thing afer another, first the pump stos, replace that then this. Oh well its all good fun :confused:

Only tricky bit about replacing the whole section is the unions are usually rusted so they dont unscrew.

The first union is just where the top of the subframe starts in the engien bay and then the other union is at the rear axle.

Chris

just get to a garage......i paid 40 quid for them to make up a new rear line, fit the caliper and labour etc all cause im way too lay and decent flaring tools cost a bit adn you never really use them if you aint rebuilding cars.

i only have drums on the rear, im gonna have to tow it to town though (RAC!!!) cause i dont really fancy drivin wiv no brakes! lol