ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake pad choice

I need to change my brake pads and am undecided between Greenstuff and Mintex.

Can anyone offer any advise please.

I drive a mk2 172.

Thanks.

Focus ST
My green pads work a treat. Can't compare them to any of the others, but definity better than standard.

FredYozzasport said:
road - greenstuff
fastroad/light track - ferodo
track - PF97 or blueys

mintex i need to try!

Out of interest I just checked out your website and it appears you sell the greenstuff pads.
I'll probably be giving you a call in the near future. It's best to keep it in the family ;)

182 - Now Cooper S
is it true that some pads give off less dust then others? i find that my wheels (dark 182 cups) get covered in a couple of days, i still have the standard pads.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
I found that my standard rear pads give off a lot more dust than the Halfords Ferodo pads on my fronts. After a wash my rear wheels get dirty much quicker.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
barley182 said:
is it true that some pads give off less dust then others? i find that my wheels (dark 182 cups) get covered in a couple of days, i still have the standard pads.

Greenstuff brake pads give off very little dust . You can get em from :

https://secure.gsfcarparts.com

They are the same pads as the meganes . I think you get CS discount as well . Part number is R64276FG

RenaultSport clio 18
i have green stuff at the mo, and after braking heavy the nxt time u try 2 brake they fade. n when u stop they smoke. not gud,
so i am gunna try the mintex ones n c how i get on

FF Blackgold 182
I've got Greenstuff on mine. Got em from K-Tec Racing. Seem to do the job. I've had em on for a couple of weeks and they are def better than the standard pads. One original pad split into two when I took them out!:eek:

Haven't noticed any fade or anything but can't comment on any others. They do a few different at K-Tec tho.

172 Mk2 Ph1
Just got some greens for the rear, yet to be fitted, however I dont think the rear brakes on a 172 do very much any way, although the rears do seem to get more dirty more quickly than the fronts...

Lionel Richie
we've just finished testing the new Mintex extreme pads, its very similar to the greenstuff pad IMO, i wouldn't suggest using it for the track though