ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Pads

M

mogsub

hi there,

For the last 3 weeks when I was breaking I could hear a very loud noise from the back of the car that was like my exhaust pipe was touching the ground. After I checked that the pipe was ok my tuning shop told me that it is the rear brake pads that need replacing and are causing all this noise.
Has anyone else experienced that before?

Has anyone heard of the PAGID pads? Are they any good or should I go with the Green Stuff?

leave EBC well alone, there are far better pad out there.
Pagid are good and have a very high heat reange (600 deg i think) but take warming up.
Ferodo DS2000 are great pads, and are good till about 450 deg (more than enough).
Mintex 1144 pads are the same as ferodos basically but slightly cheaper.

you can also get DS2500 & DS3000 for higher heat ranges.

Also Mintex 1155.

i would say stick to these as there the best, and only the best will do when it comes to your brakes.

FRST and 106 GTi

Ds2000 for the rear 450 deg is enough... but, for the front brakes? what do you sugest? the same ones?

BUTRE

BMW 320d Sport

DS2000 are what you want. No need to go to the DS2500 unless youre thinking about next years Le Mans.

Theyre billed as fast road pads which they are in the sense that they are not full on race pads which need warming up.A couple of touches when theyre brand new and theyre already bedded in, then from then on you can give them full pressure whenever you want, when cold, when hot, whatever.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again - Ive taken them on the track for long sessions and do a lot of fast road driving and they never give up. They do make a lot of dust though, but Ive never had any brake fade however hot they get.

someone please help...i have been trying to get a web-site which i can mail order the ferodo or mintex brake pads...unable to find as yet...can anyone advise?

and do they give out a lot of brake dust like the stock factory pads?

FRST and 106 GTi

actualy, yesterday when asking for ds2000 prices, the guy gave me the mintex option has well... are mintex at the same level of the ferodo ds2000?

Usualy I say that any pad that gives the black dust on your wheels is a good braking pad.

BUTRE

really? the brake dust from the stock factory pads used to drive me completely up the wall...

re ferodo and mintex, could some kind soul out there help with the web-site...PLEASE....

Skoda Fabia vRS

from what i remember you can buy mintex from APP online, i think this was what you were looking for

www.a-pp.com