ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pedal feels like it clicks ?

Monaco 172
(Thought this this thread sould be here:eek: )
I'v bin driving about tonight and iv noticed that when i'm braking to a holt as im approching a juction it feels like the brake pedal is clicking 2 or 3 times or somethings knocking it but it only seems to happen when iv got the clutch pressed aswell.:(
I tryed just braking normaly as im driving but i dont feel it then.
Its only a slight nock/click.
Just wanted to see if anyone else has this ? and if its a problem ?

Monaco 172
Iv just got in and its still happening, it doesnt happen every time you brake just when you push the pedal all the way down, it feels like somthings catching and like somethings pushing back on the pedal slightly and as the wheel turns it feels like it catches every time the wheel does a full circle :S .
I dont mean to go on and on:eek: , but also the wheels lock slighty but only everso slightly just so you can feel it in the car.
Please can anyone shed any light on this ?

FF182 Brembo Max, BMC CDA
if your pushing the pedal all the way down your braking very hard and as Mr Mark says its prob the abs and your locking the wheels for a slight second. mine does the same if you have to stop very hard. nothing you can really do. apart from manage your braking slightly better.

Monaco 172
Ok thanks for your help,
but even if you press it gentley not hard it still happens, could it still be the abs even if i dont press the pedal hard ?

Monaco 172
I dont want to b a pain jon13s:eek: but do you think you could roughly go over what u said in the other thread cos some how its got deleted ?

Monaco 172
I dont want to b a pain jon13s:eek: but do you think you could roughly go over what u said in the other thread cos some how its got deleted ?
Ooops posted it twice cos of my low ass computer

Iceburg 172FF
Does it happen when you are braking at slow speeds to a stop? Pedal pulsating and can feel the wheels skipping kind of? Sounds like an ABS problem, have a look at the ABS rings to see if they are cracked as one of mine was and had the same problem!

^^ I'd second that.

Our old company car at work used to do something similar, that was a combination of the worlds worst tyres and slightly dodgy ABS. Luckily it's been retired now, some poor sod at an auction somewhere probably has the same prob after thinking he picked himself up a little Passat bargain!

Monaco 172
Does it happen when you are braking at slow speeds to a stop? Pedal pulsating and can feel the wheels skipping kind of? Sounds like an ABS problem, have a look at the ABS rings to see if they are cracked as one of mine was and had the same problem!
Yes it does only happen at slow speed thats exsacly what its like.
Where are the abs rings on the car so i can check them ?
Thanks for your help:)

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
ABS rings are on the end of the driveshafts. You can see them if you look behind the wheels. They look like large coggs with lots of teeth all the way around.

Google it.