ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Pedal Switch Cause Traction Control Light?

Clio 172
Hi all,

Just working through some issues I have and have been reading previous threads and was hoping I could get a definitive answer really.

Could a faulty brake light switch be causing the occasional ABS vibration and the traction control light to come on?

Thanks

Renault Clio182 bean
A faulty brake pedal switch can cause the lights to come on the dash but they wont affect the operation of the ABS or make the abs kick in at low speed, that's normally the reluctor rings cracked that do that, have you check all of the abs rings, why did you replace 2?

Clio 172
The front 2 were cracked. Ive managed to sort the ABS faults and the light is of now, but its just the reaction control. At idle, when you start the car the light is off, but after a second or two of driving, the light comes on.

Doing my head in ha

Clio 172
It's the traction control/esp light that comes on when moving.

the abs light is off now since fitting the abs rings