ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Pedal travel/bleeding ph1 172

Ph1 clio 172
As above really, i have got quite a bit of travel and spongy feeling on my break pedal i have tried bleeding them but still has not made any difference, the breaks do work but not as well as i think they should, there is plenty of meet left on the discs and pads, when i bled the breaks there was quite a bit of air in the system but i bled it through until it stopped but didn't make any difference, so any ideas/suggestion's?
Thanks,
Cam

Volvo S60 T5
Re: Break Pedal travel/bleeding ph1 172

Either get it bleed using the Clip diagnostic system which put the ABS into bleed mode, if that dont work then a new master cylinder is probably needed.
Have only ever had to change 3 master cylinders due to this problem, so I expect a decent and proper brake bleed will sort it out.

Ph1 clio 172

many thanks any idea on cost for the above? and wich should i do first?

Volvo S60 T5

last one I done on a Trophy was around £250 fitted, but bleed it first.

Ph1 clio 172

do u no how much to bleed using the Clip diagnostic system, an would getting the abs to fire up under breaking release the air from the system and allow me to bleed it through? bit of a long shot i no,