ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Problem _ Please Help

Well suprise suprise, the worlds most unreliable car is playing up again. Today its lost most of its brake fluid and the warning light is permanenly on, its been losing brake fluid very slowly for a while now, and i have been topping it up regularly, ebery three weeks or so, cos it only goes down very slowly. But i filled it up on saturday, and now its at the lowest level its ever been at. Is this a standard problem, or am i just special, and are there any common places inthe system i need to look at?

Oh yeah and its stuck at uni which is on a big hill and i need to get it home, probably today as campus security arent too happy about it.

Cheers

Jon

Might sound stupidly obvious but have you thoughly checked all the flexible brake hoses, the most likely part to leak on lod cars?

As for getting it down the hill....good luck! Maybe a solid tow bar?

Right i have now managed to get up to uni and look it over, it looks like its leaking from the rear brake line/hose, is this a hard thing to fix/ replace can i do it or is it best left to be proffesionals? Also how much is it likely to cost to have done and how much is a brake line/hose?

Trophy

Jon,

Mine started leaking from the load sensitive pressure regulating valve at the back near the torsion bar behind the spare wheel.

Check it out.

Mat.

Yeah mat you are right:) How did you fix this/get it fixed etc and was it expensive (i am hoping for a no here ;)) I have so far tightend a nut that seemed loose, not sure that thius actually did anything bar hold it in place tho?