ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Replacement - Central Scotland?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Thinking of renewing my pads and discs all round on my 172, where would people recommend I take the car in the Glasgow/Central Scotland area and what sort of cost will I be facing?

S2000
PM Chris_H - he's in the paisley area and would probably do it for a very reasonably fee. If you don't get him on here try over on retro-renault.com as he is usually to be found over there.

Burgandy 174 sport t
the fronts are easy id do them for you but I have never tackled the backs although I dont imagine they would be that hard.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The readings I was shown were 22.4 front and 7.1 back discs so I think they are definately due for renewal soon.

Anyone able to recommend a good replacement for both front and back which can be bought for a reasonable price?

Thanks for the offer Iain, that would be appreciated if I do buy the parts seperately rather than from a fitter.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Backs are piss easy, you just have to make sure the pads are located in the grove bits properly! I can get grp N disks cheaper than i've seen anywhere if you want, just PM me.

ALi

Citroen DS3 DSport
Big Iain said:
do u wanna up grade or just refit standard?

From some of the posts I've read it looks like I could probably upgrade from the standards at not a great cost more. So long as whatever I replace them with are also long lasting then I'll be happy.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
As said in the PM, Rear setup is fine. The Bias is 70% to the front anyway, Grp N disks and DS2500 are a good combo. Lines and decent fluid help too.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Thanks for that Ali :)

Iain, if I choose to replace the lines and fluid will I need to take it along to a mechanic or is this within your ability? :)

Burgandy 174 sport t
sneeks said:
Thanks for that Ali :)

Iain, if I choose to replace the lines and fluid will I need to take it along to a mechanic or is this within your ability? :)

I have lines to fit aswell, I aint doin em too messy for me lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
Out of interest can anyone here tell me the cost I'd expect to pay for direct replacements front and back of the original Renault spec discs and pads?