ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake upgrade

Clio 200
i wouldnt buy drilled discs tbh, as they expand/contract with the heat they are known for cracking at the bit where they have been drilled

I've had drilled disks before, never had a problem with that. I know what your saying though & have heard that before.

Polo Gti . . 1.8 20v T
what about just grooved? do they improvebraking at all? if not mate are there any other options without spending a grand?!

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
brembo hc discs + ferodo pads + braided brake lines and u wont be disappointed....great setup imo

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
i always thought as soon as the word "brembo" was mentioned you're talking big bucks?!

check out yozzasport or k-tec to get an idea of whats about and then have a look on here to see what people recommend. brembo hc discs arent grooved or drilled so not really what ur looking for but for £200 odd u can get a great setup....

think u can get brembo max discs for a decent price on ebay

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
I just bought a set of brembo max discs + green stuff pads and Goodridge brake lines

All in £160.00 inc postage

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
All from e-bay the guy still has fourteen sets of Max discs & Green stuff pads.

I got the discs and pad for £115.00
The Goodridge's were £45.00

Cup'd Monaco 172
Standard discs are fine. Grooved discs add noise. You need the right pads.
EBC yellows or similar on a standard disc work really well.
You need good fluid for hardcore usage.
My only fault with my brakes is there are spongey. But braided lines and new fluid will sort that.

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
Ive got brembo max discs, pagid blue pads, yozza braided lines and superblue dot4 fluid. They do squeal a bit but excellent stopping power, so much better than standard.
Try ebay for discs, I got the brembo's for £90 delivered.

ClioSport 182
I have had EBC Grooved and spotted disc's and Redstuff ceramic pads on mine for about 4 weeks, big dissapointment, they are just so so noisey and the amount of brake dust is more than the DS2500's I had on my Scooby. Going to switch back to some good quality plain disc's probably Brembo's, will have to see what my brake man can get me.:clown: