ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brakes

i say this all the time..but ferodo DS2000 or mintex 1144 pads and i dont think you can get any group n discs for your car. so stick with either maxtorque or standard....and if you can afford it or want to spend that much, tarox...pagid are meant to be good too. but steer away from ECB, red dot, i personally dont lie Black diamond but some people have had good results with them.

I realise thats basically whats been asked already, but which disc is best or is t a matter of opinion? What do the old Clio Cup cars use?

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

According to the adverts clio cup use pagid. I ended up going for 40 groove Tarox which were 120 quid from prima, 144 quid everywhere else.

i got a valver setup on my RT....and i use maxtorque plain group n discs. I have had standard (warped) halford(warped) EBC (warped) those gold plated toora thingys (warpe and were crap for 110 quid) and the maxtorque are the only ones not to warp...so thats why i like them, they rust pretty easilt over night, but thats becasue there soft/ductile steel....and at 50 quid a set, a bargain.
Mat: Why do you like them now? as opposed to before?
I think tarox are too expensive for what thet are (steel discs) but undoutably good quality.

Trophy

Ben,

They didnt seem too hot at first, but after i gave them a bit of death they are great now, no fade at all.
I also got round to fitting my rears on which was a b**ch of a job, i think i must be the only person to have EBC rear discs on cos id be surprised if anyone else could be doing with the hassle! They dont come with the ABS reluctor ring on and the old ones looked a bit frail so i phoned up renault who said that you cant buy them on there own, so i phone up EBC who say you have to use the old rings by pulling them off and sweating them on... But they say that they might not fit as there are alot of different sizes. I decide to give it a go and they come off not problem, go to put them on the new discs and the discs are 3mm too big.. F**K!
Anyway my brother gets the new discs skimmed 3mm and then the rings went on quite easily with a bit of heat.
Then of course i still had to put the bearings in... Think ill stick to genuine rears from now on!
Im still bedding in the rears but im happy with them now.

Mat.

oh well, what about any coluored door, john (night.icon) can get one (hopefully its still there) for 20 quid but its in white an i would eed to spray it..not that i mins, but it just coveres my garage in paint dust...
oh with the pads, the friction material actually fell off the backing plates....

TarOx 40 groove discs with TarOx fast road pads, ya cant go wrong! great brake feel, no fade, work well from cold! i love mine!!

Glad this subject has surfaced again, as like cliokid my discs are in need of a change over also…

Quick question for Ben R

1. How hard do you drive your Clio? Dam hard by the sounds, lol
2. Where can I find these maxtorque discs? And why are they so cheap? do they wear 2x speed that of shop performance discs or something?

@ the moment I’m looking to go for (Front)“40 groove Tarox” discs (Rear) standard discs along with Mintex pads all round. Any views?

Oh one last thing… anyone ordered from “Prima Racing” before? What is the service like? Obviously a French import company, I can’t find any contact information other then an e-mail address.. I may drop them a line as prices seem very competitive!

Cheers

Prima racing are the owrst company in the world, i will never buy anything from them again!!! it took almost a year for them to get my suspension to me!!!!
as for driving, i have been racing since i was 8 (Karting (100-250cc), formula campus, cliocup, sport spiders and now formula renault) so i like to think i abuse them....but not within reason.....smooth driving is better than erratic jumpin on pedals. And i do trackdays in my clio and MK1 XR2. Both have the same brake setup. Group n discs with mintex 1144 pads. The discs wear slightly faster.....about 1/3...but there 1/4 the price of tarox and have better torque.

you can find the entire setup from rally design on 01795531871.

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

I bought them 2nd Hand, they are kerbed on the edges, but nothing too bad - you can see the top left of the pic, but this is the Front left wheel - so bound to get a bit of a beating...

wasnty sure as its black, thought it could be a photo over exposure or summat.....but good nick......i take it you watch how you park...with spokes that jut out.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Anyone tried OMP disks?
As they do them for my car and OMP tend to be pretty good when its comes to price and performance.

Trophy

Nickg,

The noise will die down a bit after a while its just the drill holes and slots in the disc.
I quite like the sound.

Mat.