ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brand new R27...blew up

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Good news mate, worth making sure they document 'everything', as if they don't replace the speedo then obviously this will be out, or if they do replace the speedo, then the car itself will have covered more miles than the speedo says...

A relatively small detail, but without good Renault documentation, could knock thousands off the resale value, putting off cautious buyers.
+1

Re: Brand new R27...blew up
almost definitely a manufacturing defect, fractured rod or something. As said its bad customer relations warning you what might not be covered, they should be bending over backwards really.

should be bent over that badly they should be able to see breakfast

I agree! Unlucky about the car, nice colour :D

www.renparts.co.uk
Good news mate, worth making sure they document 'everything', as if they don't replace the speedo then obviously this will be out, or if they do replace the speedo, then the car itself will have covered more miles than the speedo says...

A relatively small detail, but without good Renault documentation, could knock thousands off the resale value, putting off cautious buyers.

the speedo won't change, its has nothing to do with the engine, the odometer is based on how many miles the vehicle has covered. You don't change it when you fit a new engine. No reason to document anything really nobody will ever be the wiser.

RB R27
Yeah I'm not sure what will happen when it comes to selling it...but I hope thats awhile off yet anyway lol. I asked my dad about resetting the miles and he said that it doesn't matter since its how many miles the car covers not just the the engine.

BMW E46 330i Touring
the speedo won't change, its has nothing to do with the engine, the odometer is based on how many miles the vehicle has covered. You don't change it when you fit a new engine. No reason to document anything really nobody will ever be the wiser.

But surely you'll want to find a way of saying that the engine is genuinely lower miles than the speedo says, without putting off buyers? It can be a positive selling point if approached correctly.

Stagecoach Ticket
6500 miles dnt really make a difference anyway does it? i could understand if it was on like 35,000 but over 6500 miles its pointless bringing it up most people will think its been smashed or raged from new.

Will renault give you the old block and loom? Kick up a fuss and try and get the old engine back might be handy for small bits?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
When i bought my sunflower 172 it had had a new engine

It was all lagit, done under warrenty with Renault. I had them send me all the proof of the engine being changed, so i had all the renault job sheets.

i was then happy and bought the car - might be worth you getting copies of that info when there done so you have it for your records when selling it on?

thats if you want to even mention its had a new engine..

RB R27
Will renault give you the old block and loom? Kick up a fuss and try and get the old engine back might be handy for small bits?

Dunno, if they'll give me it or if they will send it back to france to find out what happened to it. I was gonna kepe the block and turn it into a table lol

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
Exact same thing happened to my mate, he had an arctic white R26 and it put a conrod out the side of the block. Renault wern't going to cover it under warranty, and he had a lot of trouble to get them to cover it. There was engineers came over from France etc etc. Took a few months to get sorted, but in the end he got a brand new car......

53 Clio's & counting
Dunno, if they'll give me it or if they will send it back to france to find out what happened to it. I was gonna kepe the block and turn it into a table lol

if Renault are like VW they will have the engine back on an exchange basis, we send most things bk on exchange,halfs the cost

RB R27
I'm getting a new engine, but I can just see the next thing being that they fit the engine wrong or something lol. Actually...I better not tempt fate lol

320d
It will be fine mate. Don't worry about it atleast you can look after this engine. Basically a brand new car now.

RB R27
Yeah I know, thats the positive way that I am Lookin at it. At least now I will know exactly what the engine has been doing.

RB R27
Just thought I would update this. The car has been fixed :D That took them less than a week after the engine blew so that wasnt too bad service I have to admit. And its all been done under warranty so its all good! Unfortunatly for me I'm offshore for another 2 weeks basically :( ah well, I guess I have a nice new engine to go back to then lol. I might actually get a decent picture of it now lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I wouldn't bother tellling anyone it's had a new engine myself when selling it, glad it's all sorted.

BMW E46 330i Touring
They've sourced and fitted a new engine in less than a week!?! Blimey - Renault have outdone themselves...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Be a new one imo. Renault have them created up in stock...... Matt Black had some a while back for the 182 iirc.

RB R27
I dunno the details yet, as I said I'm offshore just now so I havent been in contact with them my dad has been sorting it all out for them. He's picking it on monday so he is gonna get all the paperwork and the full details of what they have done.

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
If its a brand new engine then Renault must feel really guilty for the rest of us...haha