ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brands vids

X 200+ cup, now focus RS

anyone got any vids goin round brands, im goin next week and just fancy a butches at the track!!!

X 200+ cup, now focus RS

HELLO MATE, remember you tryed before but couldnt manage to send em, if you want to give it anouther try is mailto:nevillewakefield@hotmail.com">nevillewakefield@hotmail.com

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

I can host them if you need Mark (properly now, got 5GB of webspace)

Let me know if you have probs with the email again.

Are you doing Indy or GP?

The hardest part is the first two corners, paddock being the first. Its probably the best corner on the circuit, but if you go in too fast and lift off then youre off. Top tip, the turn in point is at the service road right on the left, only turn when you get up to that.

Druids is the second bend, i wouldnt say its a difficult corner but it requires patience with the go pedal because otherwise youll run out of track and the exit kerb is a slippy one.

The next corner is Graham Hill, i would only worry about that if you were in RWD. Seen many a tankslapper there. Rest of the track is fine..unless youre in RWD.

I would always say get instruction at the start of the day, i doubt youll get into trouble but the fact is Brands has no real run off so if youre off the track then it normally means damage. Also, novices tend to take it really slow round paddock which is taking away the best bit of Brands, so best to get a bit confident!

-Rob

Indy

Me + the old chap tried Robs turn in point tip when we met him + his Dad there, didnt think too much of it. The instructor who took me round in a 996 Turbo showed me the proper turn in point. :p

Wouldnt listen to him Nev, he lost Daddies NSX trying to turn whilst braking, tip Rob, brake in a STRAIGHT line. :p

Ull have me by ya side Nevski, its gonna be O K.

[Edited by nathVTS on 29 April 2005 at 12:29pm]

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Not a bad track, fairly simple, but a rush going through paddock at over 100Mph.

Another tip, Keep close to the barriers on the main staight, the decline enables you to pic up speed.

Robs advice is spot on, and trust me the harder u push, the more expensive ur trip to brands will be!