ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brazilian Meeting in São Paulo

1.0 16v Clio (BR)
Sup ppl,
Here you are some pics from the last meeting we had in Sao Paulo / Brazil - Actually, it was yesterday :p

We had 4 Clios, a 5th one arrived but too late, so we coudn't take any picture of this lazy one. There are 3 Clio Campus.

We had Sanderos and Logans too, plus a sedan Megane. Actually the Megane wasn't part of the Renault Club but he was parking there, so we pulled togeter and around him to take a picture.. someday I hope he find out about us! Hehe

encontro2.jpgencontro3.jpgencontro4.jpgencontro5.jpg
encontro6.jpgencontro8.jpgencontro15.jpgencontro7.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!!!:eek:

Last edited:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I really shouldnt say it, but it looks like a tesco's car park on a sunday

Turbos.
Always nice to see activity in other countries! Can you buy the RS models over there, and are you allowed to modify cars?

1.0 16v Clio (BR)
Always nice to see activity in other countries! Can you buy the RS models over there, and are you allowed to modify cars?

Nope, we dont have RS in here. We can only get those parts from UK but believe me, it costs a LOT. For example, a RS Grill you guys pay around £40-£50. To us bringing one of there to here will be around R$900 that is, £320 NO KIDDING.

We are very limited on modifying cars.. law is always against this, but anyway law here doesn't work that much.. so people usually do it.

You can't get your car lowered. It is ilegal, unless you pay to make it legal..it's about £150 to do but once you do that, you can't pay your car a crash insurance, because its modified from the original way. So it's kinda dangerous, our roads are terrible to ride with low cars, but people still get them lowered, and soon I'll get mine lowered too. It's the first one, with yellow fog lights and 15" alium rims.

1.0 16v Clio (BR)
Hahahaha, no joke :)Xenon are illegal. 75% uses, both on headlights and fog lights. 24h turned on, no problem.

Sandero R.S. / Clio
Surely to post a RS grill to brazil it doesn't cost that much :S

Business potential.

There are some problems with shipping to Brazil.

Firstly we have to send the items using DHL or UPS, because normal mail (Royal Mail, USPS, ParcelForce, etc) take up to 4 months to be cleared by customs. A grille costs around 80 pounds to send via DHL.

Secondly, the taxes. We have to pay 121% taxes on the price of the ITEM+SHIPPING (yeah... also on shipping).

So a 60 pounds grille + 80 pounds shipping + 121% taxes (156.80 pounds) = 296.8 pounds. I put a 8% profit and it gets to around 320 pounds. Awesome huh?

I've imported my whole car (literally everything, from the RS body parts to the RS interior, suspension, headlights, gearbox mounts, pistons, manifolds, ignition system, etc) from the UK and Spain in parts (all the parts have to be brand new and bought from a dealer, because used parts if found are seized by the customs).

Initially it was a 1.0 16v base spec Clio (around 9k pounds here) and until today I spent more than 35k pounds importing parts/shipping/taxes only to build a full RS clone Clio (ok, most of the not RS parts are better aftermarket ones, like KW Variant II coilovers, all Powerflex bushings, lots of KTec items, wossner pistons, catcams rods, 2 pairs of catcams (421 and 423), ARP engine studs/bolts, yadda yadda yadda).

Oh, and the car can't be made completely street legal because the KWs have height adjustment, which is not allowed by the government.