ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

breaking the news to your insurer

black gold 182
has anyone told their insurance company about a s/s exhaust and induction kit?

id like to know how much it increased your premiums by?

thanks peeps.

In between cars....
If you havent you may as well not be insured........

Didnt make much difference on my old cars, who are you insured with?

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
You'd be silly not to, as insurance companies look for any excuse not to pay out if you need to claim.

You could run through an online quote adding on the exhaust and IK, should give you a better idea of how much you will be paying. As everyone else will pay a different price.

When I did a quote adding after market alloys it was an extra £50 so i'd imagine performance enhancers will cost a bit more.

ValverInBits
You'd be silly not to, as insurance companies look for any excuse not to pay out if you need to claim.

You could run through an online quote adding on the exhaust and IK, should give you a better idea of how much you will be paying. As everyone else will pay a different price.

When I did a quote adding after market alloys it was an extra £50 so i'd imagine performance enhancers will cost a bit more.

Not necessarily. Nicking wheels is common. Running off with someones nice yozza exhaust is no so.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Quinn charged nothing for my k&n..
''i want to declare my induction kit''
-'does that alter the suspension?'
....''no..''
-'does it increase the power?'
''not really''
-ok iv added that for u, its free.'

Lol=]

RB 182
I'm sure Greenlight only charge £25 admin fee (free if you tell them upfront) and then nothing major unless the engine HP increases by 20%... could be wrong but i'm sure thats what they said.

Iceburg 172FF
I told tesco about my stainless cat back from powerflow. Told them it was a copy of the original one which rusted off so no charge.

Wol

Clio
Adrian flux put mine up by £35 for Viper Kit, Supersprint Mani and Supersprint exhaust. The trick with performance parts is that when they ask for the BHP increase you say there isnt one, just noise. They do not check for little things, if you bolt a turbo on and say its added no power they will check(if possible) when you claim.

I'm an insurance broker and you need to bare in mind that we pay out nearly £200 an hour to the assessor, you think we're gonna pay him for 4 hours while he measures the BHP at the wheels? No. Also, if your 182 has 190bhp at the fly as standard, although its not likely, then you crash and we do decide to measure it, how can we prove that your car didnt have it anyway. We cant so we have to pay out or the FSA/FOS rape us.

One last thing, you will no doubt have heard horror stories of insurance companies measuring bore depths and that the cc in the block is the same as it should. They are all lies, it costs us too much to do it. Just declare the mods and say they havent added bhp unless its too obvious.

P.S Dont ever worry about listing mods in car mags, we cant prove that the print is correct.

Hi everyone,

I am about to buy a lovely little black 182 number but would like too know more with regard to insurance from the people that know (aka you lot)

The previous owner has replaced the exhaust with a stainless steel one and has also fitted a K&N induction kit, apart from that the car is entirely as it was when it left the factory.

As I am only 21 my insurance is inherently high with around a £1000/1400 from most insurers but declaring the mods on the online quotes puts it up too around £2400!! I obviously don't want to be paying that but I don't want to risk not declaring them at all - so should I / is it cheaper too:

1) Insure it as it is, but then declare the mods after the premium has started (as if I have added them)

2) Take the extras off and loose the small HP gains/cheaper insurance

3) Take the induction kit off and state the exhaust is just a rust proof replacement.

4) Go and have a cold Guinness

t