ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

breather?

Clio 172 Cup; A3 3.2
hi

just noticed this pipe but there's no hose attached as in the circled bit in the picture (which is a google one)

what does this do and does it need the hose attached? i can't seem to find an undone hose anywhere in the bay....

thanks for the help in advance,

rgds robert

allvehicles_renault_clio_182_cup_black_gold_012.jpg

Clio 172 Cup; A3 3.2
sorry
to be more clear: the little pipe on the air inlet hose before the manifold

chumpmobile
isn;t that the breather pipe?
should go back into the engine i think?
on mine it does anyways :eek:
but mines not a sport

it goes from the intake to a hole on the very top of the engine

172/1.2/E30
crankcase breather. connects the inlet bend with the breatherplate on the rocker cover which is about underneath the plenum.

Clio 172 Cup; A3 3.2
so what is the effect of me not having it at the moment? i thought i noticed it at lower revs having a slower throttle response. is that associated?

clio sport 172
the pipe feeds from the oil decanter on the top of the cam cover, if your oil gets real hot or is overfilled etc it will want to blow oil away from the engine, this pipe takes unwanted oil and feeds it through the air intake and is burnt off, not having the pipe is unlikely to effect performance, it will however mean if any oil does blow out it is likely to make a mess of your engine and blow/drip over the manifold, it will be a cheap part from renault

Clio 172 Cup; A3 3.2
cool i'll drop in there next week and fit it

thanks for the help!

rgds robert

Clio 172 Cup; A3 3.2
just had another look and think i found it. it was hanging down off just under the ignition 'box' or what the name for that is. (pardon my technical terms, english is not my first language...)
stuck it back on and it is a perfect fit so i would presume that's the one!?

Westy. MX5
Mine was a bit slack on the plenum chamber end and fell of now and again, now permanentley fixed with a small jubilee clip.

a thirsty one
Under the bit the ht leads go into (coil pack) on the right hand side will be a small metal nipple it slips onto that. Sound like you put it back on the right thing,