ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Britain’s Best Driver’s Car

Autocar tested 20 at Brands Hatch - Clio 182 came 13th. Civic Type-R 19th, Megane 225 20th. Ahead of the Clio in ascending order - MX-5, DB9, VXR220, M3 CSL, R500 Evo, Exige, GT3 RS, Evo 8 FQ340, Elise, Gallardo, Impreza Typre 25 and top of the pile, Noble M400.

very true mike,

secondly look how much some of them cost !!
not exactly a fair contest, i reckon the clio did well as most of them cars cost over double the price of it !!

The Jinx

Hmm. And evo dont like the on-road manners of the M400. Too much power in too short a range they reckon. They reckon the GT3R (I think) is a better incarnation.

Also interesting that there is such a difference between the Elise variants, and that the Exige is placed behind the Elise.

Mitsubishi have an even quicker Evo in the wings - My bosss husband works for Mitsubishi - he is responsible for all the uk marketing of the brand. there is an FQ 400 on the way!! Servicing intervals of 10 mins me-thinks....

Do you know that FQ actually stands for Fu%*ing Quick and thats no bull!