ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

British GT @ Thruxton

Seeing as the weather was nice for a change and the fact I blagged some exclusive passes I took the long 10 mile trip up the A338 to the UK's fastest circuit Thruxton.

Got slightly burnt in the process but here are a few of my favourite pictures showing the exotica that the British GT Championship attracts nowadays, quality has vastly improved since I last checked the series out in 2004.

Money seemed to be everywhere in the paddock, you could probably run 5 or 6 Clio Cup cars for the price of just one of these machines...

Lamborghini Gallardo GT3:

DSCF2040-1.jpg

Ferrari 430 GT3:

DSCF2110-1.jpg

Aston Martin DBRS9 GT3: (bio-ethanol fuel)

DSCF2163-1.jpg

Ascari KZ-1R GT3:

DSCF2219-1.jpg

Viper Competition Coupe GT3:

DSCF2241-1.jpg

Lotus Exige:

DSCF2114-1.jpg

Porsche 997 GT3:

DSCF2213-1.jpg

DSCF2077-1.jpg

:)

Top work, what is Thruxton like for photography these days (and parking/leaving the circuit for that matter)? I've heard it's very restrictive now as most locations have been blocked off due to previous incidents etc.

Does the Morgan and Marcos still run in the GTs? They were always my favourites.

No Marcos this year and the Morgan went home early after Friday practice.

Having lost count of the times I've been to Thruxton I tend to stick to the obvious locations ie the Cambell/Cobb/Segrave complex and the final Club Chicane as the cars tend to be at their slowest. I didn't go up as far as where Kelvin Burt vaulted the fence but I could see people up on the bank so I assume it's still accessible. I'd love to be able to shoot from out the back somewhere like Church, 150+ hanging onto the racing line must be good to watch!

I reckon with a media pass you'll be able to get infield to quite a few places.

Never really had a problem with traffic/parking mainly because I don't need to join the A303.

R35 GTR
Looks like loads of fun! And just down the road from me. I think I should head down there one of the days.