ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broadband quicky

as a newbie to broadband i am about to order this:

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/bundle-2mb-at.html?code=ZZ-NL-11XY

as far as i can see i will get upto 2mb unlimited broadband, and free calls all the time to uk numbers 01, 02. for £19.50 per month.

I have a BT line at prsent and pay the minimum £10.50 a month for the line.

I dont have to buy anything else to get my boradband running, and so long as i dont call mobiles i wont have any other bills to pay??

I am all new to this so excuse the simplicity of the post! just want to make sure i know what I am doing!

sounds like a good deal mate, though i heard that tiscali isnt actually unlimited, but this is probably just some rumour.

172 Cup
justinRT said:
though i heard that tiscali isnt actually unlimited, but this is probably just some rumour.

Tiscali isn't unlimted. Just take 2 minutes to read their "fair usage policy"...

who actually offers unlimited use then? That fair usage policy sounds relatively fair to me, im not going to be leaving my computer on for hours downloading. Will use it to download songs, play online gaming and possibly the occasional movie.

172 Cup
If you don't need a truly unlimited ISP then go ahead with Tiscali.

Personally I'd rather go with an ISP that truly was Unlimited rather than one that claimed to be but then hid the truth away in T&C's and AUP's.

Ukonline/Bulldog/Pipex are unlimited ISP that come to mind.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Im still on blueyonder for 25 quid a month.Its even got its own firewall set up and has remained faultless.Other people do good deals but im more than happy with it

ian

Monaro VXR
Bulldog 8mbit £20 a month at the moment including my phone line im happy paying that.

Not had any problems yet only thing was it was a little slow for the first couple days but then was fine after that.

A mate of mine used tiscali though was so bloody slow. Changed to bt i think it was speeds went up.