ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broke my gearbox

911 3.2 Carrera, Clio 1.2
Oooops

Broke the gearbox. Only a 1.2 but something has snapped and I can only get 1st and 3rd and the gear leaver moves about a foot backwards when you lift off.

It also makes a whirring sound with ocassional clanking. No oil leaking though.

Will have to drop the box and have a look. Any guidance ?, does the engine have to be dropped totally or can it just be tilted ?

Clio's
you can get the box out without touching the engine. just unbolt it from the engine and remove the top an bottom mount. you may have to drop the subframe though if you need to get the box completely out.

Thanks

Box will have to come off I think for a look, but I hope parts are cheaper than for a Nissan 200sx box or I might as well buy a new one.

Anymore useful box overhaul tips, anyone ?:star:

Ah HA !

Managed to have a look at the car today, and where the stay from the chassis connects the gearbox has torn a lump out of the bell housing.

Time to get ally welding, but its been 25 years since I last did any, and not ally at that.

Any ideas ?