ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken Jack -_-

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
the other night i got a puncture and managed to change the wheel in 10 mins... so i go get the tire changed today and decide to change it myself... done it before i can do it again.

soooo, i get home, bust out the jack and start to jack the car up ( it might be because its s**t contitions or that i was rushing but ) i had the jack half a foot from the front drivers side wheel and the back wheel ended up getting jacked !?!?!

so i start again... move it further forward and the same happens.

so i turn my car around and start working on the road instead of the path... after a bit of trying and getting minging from the crap on the road the car starts to lift.. im getting somewhere then i hear a noise and the car drops... the fcucking jack snapped;

156966_1580266543985_1155301910_31283279_4979992_n.jpg
69702_1580267384006_1155301910_31283283_8156859_n.jpg

has this happened to anyone?

and more importantly... can someone come help me change my wheel :( i thought id be clever and source my dads jack from the megane but its model specific -_- very peeved

tiTTy & SV650
The jack with my 182 was crap with a wee tab on it but the one with my 172 is OK, couldn't get my trolley jack under it the other night as the tyre was flat as a pancake and the car is lowered.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The car has about a 7ft wheelbase .. of course it's going to lift both ends if you go between the two axles ;)

Renault might as well not bother providing jacks. A fruitcake would be more useful in any situation that requires jacking the car up. Mine (mk2ph1) snapped the bit you turn, slamming me into the ground and I still have the scars to show.

French PoS !

Lidl sometimes have offers on .. machine mart / halfords / B&Q / wickes .. they'll all do the job as long as it's rated for at least 1 ton. Normally they are 2 or 2.2 ton. Some of the low entry ones are lesser.. I think my Dad's one is 1.25ton

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The car has about a 7ft wheelbase .. of course it's going to lift both ends if you go between the two axles ;)

Renault might as well not bother providing jacks. A fruitcake would be more useful in any situation that requires jacking the car up. Mine (mk2ph1) snapped the bit you turn, slamming me into the ground and I still have the scars to show.

French PoS !

it only lifted the back lol. like it was teetering on the jack ha... oh mate :S sounds nasty. im gonna look into that halfords one

coiled 'berg
got mine from machine mart, low entry jobbie. cost about £90- but essential piece of kit for a low'rd clio

165203_1580319705314_1155301910_31283377_5257085_n.jpg

i would never jack my car up with one of those after seening one flick out on my mate and split his lip and bost one of his bottom teeth out:dead:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Brave boy using that jack!

I'm sure it was the standard renault jack nick172cup (i think) had supporting his car while he was f**king with the exhaust under it :eek:

Personally i always use a trolley jack, even the cheap ones mentioned are better.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

I'm sure it was the standard renault jack nick172cup (i think) had supporting his car while he was f**king with the exhaust under it :eek:

Personally i always use a trolley jack, even the cheap ones mentioned are better.

It had to be done... The spare was a pile of w**k ha, it's so much better driving with an alloy lol the cars not twitchy and I don't have to drive like an old lady anymore :)

AUDI A5 s-sline
god that jack looks weak! id rather try and lift it and take the wheel of at the same time myself lol. i use a trolly jack! :)

Nothing at the mo :(
Im looking to get one of them flatbed ones cause there a arse to get under a lowered car.. but waiting for a deal to appear somewhere :D

330i. E30 Touring.

Failsport mechanics know no bounds.

(It was on axle stands, too.)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
It had to be done... The spare was a pile of w**k ha, it's so much better driving with an alloy lol the cars not twitchy and I don't have to drive like an old lady anymore :)

In the snow you will actually be better off with a pair of those steelies on the front. The Mrs' 182 is wearing a pair and its miles better. It was shocking. Wide tyres FTL.

Failsport mechanics know no bounds.

(It was on axle stands, too.)

Im sure we've done sooooo much worse than this Mike....

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
absolute waste of time the standard renault jacks....buy a proper jack for future use.