ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT broadband throttled when using torrents?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Was good this afternoon and lunchtime but since about 6pm has been dog s**t. Under 10kb/s...

Is it normal for BT to throttle it on peak times? If so, when does the throttling stop? by 10pm i hope!!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Yeah. Very normal. The main reason we left them tbh. Throttling times varied for us anything from 4pm - 1am really.

Were now with 02 broadband. We only pay £9 a month as i have a phone contract with them (Circa £15 if you dont have a phone) for that you get 20mbit, unlimited downloads and ive yet to have my connection throttled

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
bt throttle EVERYTHING..... more or less ALL the time. Its a f**king joke. Im always synched at 8096kbps with an ip profile of 7000kbps and i get less than 50k/s 99% of the time whereas i used to get 700-800k/s from my ftp constantly. I get full use of my line between 7 am and 9 am...... ridiculous. No point in calling an complaining either as you get some indian dude called "dave" who reads lines from a card then hangs up on you.

bt throttle EVERYTHING..... more or less ALL the time. Its a f**king joke. Im always synched at 8096kbps with an ip profile of 7000kbps and i get less than 50k/s 99% of the time whereas i used to get 700-800k/s from my ftp constantly. I get full use of my line between 7 am and 9 am...... ridiculous. No point in calling an complaining either as you get some indian dude called "dave" who reads lines from a card then hangs up on you.

:lolup: That should be used as the next Bt Broadband Ad slogan.

I've changed to 02 because of it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
AOL do the same using the BT equipment in our local exchange. Main reason why I've switched to Sky.