ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Homehub - Work with other providers?

I've got a BT homehub which I've had for around 10months, and my initial 12 months with BT broadband is nearly up.

I want to move to another provider, as I want unlimited bandwidth / downloads at a cheaper rate.

Can I set this router up on another provider?

If not, what router would you recommend for 1 x Xbox hard wired, and 2 x Laptops wireless.

(This is the router)

BT_homehub-thumb-220x228.jpg

57 Clio Campus Sport
We're on BT and I couldn't get it to work, was easy to set up and connect to but it was continuously disconnecting.

We decided to go for Belkin but the new Belkin N1 Vision and the linksys equivilent are probably the best two to go for at the moment. If you go for the Belkin N1 Vision, make sure you go for the modem version as you want to hard wire the Xbox.

It will also be really good if you decide you want to stream things from laptop to Xbox.