ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Infinity

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've had loads of problems with mine recently (just on standard BB) so I think I might buy a new router soon.
Think I have a HH3?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I got Infinity last year with HH3, engineer had to fit a new face plate. The in-laws got infinity a few months ago with HH5 and it was plug and play effectively.

I get 55Mbps wired to HH3 but only 40-45Mbps on wifi iPhone/iPad. Powerline sees around 30Mbps so I may need to upgrade that. I think I've had 2 minor issues in 18 months which has resulted in internet lost for literally 5 minutes each time. BT customer services have been spot on for me with upgrades/renewals and queries. Can't fault them.

I'm thinking of uprating my router to get full speed via wifi (not that it'll make any real world difference tbh).

Also worth noting, BT Wifi uses around 10% of line speeds from what I've read (if you're signed up, as default you are). Since my log in details don't work, I'm considering removing my access to hopefully squeeze that little extra out of my BB lol

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Had nothing but problems with our HH. Sacked it off and get an ASUS RT-N66U Dark Knight. Obviously the name had nothing to do with my purchase. But no issues since.

2014 Focus Titanium
Just found out that we are getting FTTC before the end of December, can't fooking wait!!
Currently get about 6.5mb which is frustrating at times, the Cab is about 300 yards away so hoping for 5 times that, that's if Sky Fibre use the same network as Openreach which I think they do (it's only normal broadband unlimited they use their own LLU I think).

SQ5
Correct, Sky use the open reach network and they are getting their own LLU's in most cabinets nowadays.

I'm a similar distance and had similar speeds before and now get 35-40mb/s

2014 Focus Titanium
Correct, Sky use the open reach network and they are getting their own LLU's in most cabinets nowadays.

I'm a similar distance and had similar speeds before and now get 35-40mb/s
Excellent thanks for the info Dan!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Think I'm going To enquire about Infinity, My average speed at the moment is around 6mbps so anything over 20 will see me happy.

What prices are people paying who were already with BT and just upgraded?

Clio
£46 I think. No TV just internet and phone. We upgraded in July as fibre optic has only just become available to us.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
That including Line Rental I take it?

Any issues with it? Good solid speeds even through peak times?

Clio
That including Line Rental I take it?

Any issues with it? Good solid speeds even through peak times?
Yeah that's for everything incl. off peak calls (pretty much standard nowadays).
Its a solid connection. Nothing special (about 12-20 mbps) but never had any down time. Its enough for online gaming etc. with no issues. Check with them what your guesstimated speed will be they got our estimation pretty much to a tee.