ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT TV

Listerine & Poledo
A lass I know has it. It's.....alright.
But since the content is all via your broadband, you'd best have Fibre.
Depends what you watch though really. They don;t do the F1 channel any more (and even when they did, you couldn't record from it) so I stuck with sky and haggled 35% off for another year

Im getting fibre anyway.
Its just the basics im after, you can record a week back cant you? any on demand apps like 40d etc (no biggy as theyre on the tv anyway.

Moved just to knock my bill from £85 to £37 a month

172 Cup
Don't do it! The box is the slowest thing you will ever encounter in your life, especially coming from sky.

I switched from sky because of s**t customer service nearly a year ago, have basically the full BT package including fibre optic. Internet is pretty decent but the tv side of things is terrible, plus we were told we would have internet in two weeks, ended up being 6 weeks. Probably going back to sky very soon.

Listerine & Poledo
good work.

If it's just the basics, that'll be fine. At least the BT box will record. If you turn a Sky+ box into a freesat one, they switch off the ability to record, series link and all that. gits

good work.

If it's just the basics, that'll be fine. At least the BT box will record. If you turn a Sky+ box into a freesat one, they switch off the ability to record, series link and all that. gits
Thats why ive cancelled, The cheapest package with them to record is 19.50 with discount they told me. £5 a month makes a "slow" box bearable.
They had me paying for a HD Premium pack, Which due to the fact that i did not have movies or sports meant i was paying for nothing!! The standard HD channels are free. Thats 24 months ive payed that for and i was told no chance for a refund. At the time when i ordered it, i was told i needed a hd box to view the hd channels and to do that i needed the hd pack.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've got it and only have usual broadband, so fibre isn't a must imo, although it is if you want HD. The box is alright, can be a bit buggy but it's pretty simple to use.
I'm not sure about recording from a week ago though,unless that's a new feature in a new box? Or maybe a fibre option?
Can record two channels at once (must be watching one though).
BT sports is alright, I only watch it occasionally.

I only got it as it was £3 on top of my usual bill and my free view box had died.

Got that 7 day thing from here.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423167950233.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1423167950233.png
    280 KB · Views: 43

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, that's a different box to what we have. We don't have you view.
I might give them a shout and see if I can get a new home hub and new box sent out.

Goliath I
I've got it and its brilliant. The only thing you might miss is Sky's own sport/movies channels etc...

The search feature is great and even the kids can use it and it has all the On Demands including Netflix.

I don't have fibre yet and it runs fine on 8mb.

Yeah, that's a different box to what we have. We don't have you view.
I might give them a shout and see if I can get a new home hub and new box sent out.
I think the you view is only 5 a month if you have broadband. And that includes free bt sports.

I don't watch sports or movies. Got Netflix and online sourcing if I want to watch a film :)

Thats why ive cancelled, The cheapest package with them to record is 19.50 with discount they told me. £5 a month makes a "slow" box bearable.
They had me paying for a HD Premium pack, Which due to the fact that i did not have movies or sports meant i was paying for nothing!! The standard HD channels are free. Thats 24 months ive payed that for and i was told no chance for a refund. At the time when i ordered it, i was told i needed a hd box to view the hd channels and to do that i needed the hd pack.
The only channels that are free without a HD subscription are 1-5, possibly a couple of others. ITV3 / 4, sky1 etc all require a subscription. That's irrelevant now anyway I suppose.

I'm always wary of these boxes that run entirely on broadband. If the broadband is having a bad day you can't watch anything. Or does it have a tuner for some channels?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
With my current box, most of it (all of the free view non hd) is run off the ariel. The BT sports channels come through broadband as do all of the HD ones (you need fiber for them though according to the box I have)