ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT vision...

Fabia VRS
Ive just got this to replace sky.. and im telling you now..
DONT GET IT.
its crap, confusing, stupid to install i could go on all night.

Anyone else share my views?

Megane 225 F1
Yup its s**t s**t s**t. Me and my mates have bought out of our bt contract it was so crap. Only thing i liked was .... Oh wait there is nothing!! Lol

182 (Conversion)
I prefer vision to Sky any day. The only thing(s) Sky is better for is choice and reliability.

I've had both and have to say BTs UI is so much better, Sky just pisses me off all the time. I have to admit BT is annoying as it can be "temperamental".

Clio200 EDC Lux
I have had BT Vision since it was launched, its a dual tuner freeview recorder and you have the ondemand libary of programs and films. It is pretty good...however I still had times when I couldn't find anything decent to watch also the complete lack of HD despite this being launched along time ago.

Just had Sky HD installed this week, I have cancelled my BT subsription but at least I can keep it in the bedroom as dual recorder and just use the ondemand stuff pay as you go.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I'm a BT employee and have had Vision since its Beta testing days. Its come a long way. I agree that it can be a little clunky sometimes, but all in all I'd say its a good service for those who don't have much time to watch TV and just want to pay for what they watch. Its also a fantastic Freeview tuner and digital recorder.

Oh wells, always good as a secondary option in a second room. Would be good if they had a better subscriptionwith more channels etc though for the average user.

Megane 225 F1
The freeview bit didnt work on ours. Although that might have something to do with the arial pointing at a roof beam because thr nob that installed it must have been retarded lol

dk

911 GTS Cab
Ive just got this to replace sky.. and im telling you now..
DONT GET IT.
its crap, confusing, stupid to install i could go on all night.

Anyone else share my views?
FLOL @ comparing it to sky.

Its nothing like sky, for a start its FREE!

I love bt vision, had it in for 3 years now and will be sad to see it go in a couple of weeks when i move house and don't have bt broadband as thats its main downfall, must have bt broadband, great, until you no longer have that.

Its been a great box though, the series link works well, the quality of the picture is brilliant and the on demand stuff is really good. The streaming starts pretty much instantly and doesn't ever pause, really good service. Use it for the tv replay stuff like iplayer, 4od etc as its the only one to offer all the channels replay stuff.

Never use the on demand films or shows as theres already enought stuff to watch as it is on the normal channels.

In my new flat i am getting Sky HD as I want to treat myself i just hope that having to spend £45 a month is worth it after having vision for free for so long!

Oh and theres nothing complicated about it at all, its a piece of piss, so no idea why you think its complicated.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Thats right tom, free, i didn't pay a penny for the box or installation and i don't pay a subscription any more either, i stopped the pack i was paying as i never watched any of the on demand stuff.

I don't pay each month. That to me is FREE

Honda. Tesla Someday
Thats right tom, free, i didn't pay a penny for the box or installation and i don't pay a subscription any more either, i stopped the pack i was paying as i never watched any of the on demand stuff.

EEEEEEXACTLY THE SAME HERE...

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

yes but in effect if your not paying for any of the "packages" your not using bt vision.... your just watching a really ugly grey freeview box.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Ok. well your definition of free seems to differ from the actual one.

BT vision requires BT and BT Broadband does it not?

dk

911 GTS Cab
yes, doesn't make btvision cost anything though does it smart arse.

you need a bt or sky line for sky and you're going to have broadband.

most households have a phoneline and BB, this option is only open to bt customers, sky is only open to people who pay extorniate amounts of money and have a dish put up, bt vision doesn't cost each month or to install like sky so, yes, its free.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Link to the proof of free?

I cant find it. All i see is pricing.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i'm not sure how i can prove i didn't pay for it and don't receive a bill.

i'll work on it though.

182 (Conversion)
Vision is free - download content and "packs" aren't. You do need their phone and BB obviously.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Looks quite good to me tbh...

but if you go for full BB, phone line and full vision it is like £44 a mth.

if you do the same with sky HD it is like £70 ish. obviously you get more sports and movies...

my figures may be a little off as i haven't been on the sky website to compare.

How much football is actualy on vision? is it just espn if you buy it?

Streaming/on demand is going to be the way forward.

In years to come you'll be able to watch what you want, whenever you want. I know you can do that to some extent now, but I mean with a much wider variety.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Looks quite good to me tbh...

but if you go for full BB, phone line and full vision it is like £44 a mth.

if you do the same with sky HD it is like £70 ish. obviously you get more sports and movies...

my figures may be a little off as i haven't been on the sky website to compare.

How much football is actualy on vision? is it just espn if you buy it?
yeah, just espn but its again FREE on vision like setanta was ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Streaming/on demand is going to be the way forward.

In years to come you'll be able to watch what you want, whenever you want. I know you can do that to some extent now, but I mean with a much wider variety.
i agree, i was dubious about how good streaming was going to be over my bt broadband but i was well impressed, it was flawless, started within about 2-3 seconds and never missed a beat.

They have implemented QOS well as even if my flatmate is maxing out our line with downloads it takes priority and works just the same, its definitely the way forward.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
does it contribute to your 40gb a mth etc download limit?

went on the vision website but it doesn't really tell you a lot.

what are all the series you can watch etc? so you could sit down and just watch episode 1 of lost until you had watched all the seasons? so in effect i could watch every episdoe of friends in one sitting?

dk

911 GTS Cab
does it contribute to your 40gb a mth etc download limit?

went on the vision website but it doesn't really tell you a lot.

what are all the series you can watch etc? so you could sit down and just watch episode 1 of lost until you had watched all the seasons? so in effect i could watch every episdoe of friends in one sitting?
nah, doesn't come out of your download limit, the hub is intelligent enough to know which traffic is which, hence it is able to apply QOS to the streaming traffic.

Lots of series come and go on there, i don't really browse any of them tbh as i just use the replay function when i miss something and forget to pvr it.

They now have HD films too on there to rent.

Its a great service if you don't want to pay sky prices and don't mind not have sky sports or sky one anyway.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
if you paid for all the different choices, you wouldn't have ot rent the HD films? would be free? non?

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
setanta wasnt free on bt vision....... also bt vision isnt free to install... it costs £30

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
It was never free, it was merely thrown in when you took out a full channel package with them and it costs 30 quid to have qos enabled on your line which is required when ordering BT vision.

dk

911 GTS Cab
It was never free, it was merely thrown in when you took out a full channel package with them and it costs 30 quid to have qos enabled on your line which is required when ordering BT vision.
look, you seem to have all the answers, but they don't seem to be right, i never paid for installation, simple.

and the £6.95 package i think it was that i had (which was the lowest package but included pretty much everything anyway) meant i got setanta free, why is it so many people seem to have a problem with free in this thread.

I didn't pay for installation and i didn't pay for setanta, simple.

looks like people who were getting free setanta will get free espn too, but new subscribers won't, it'll be £15 a month, looks like all the bt vision prices have gone up since i joined too, I was getting absolutely everything for £9.95 a month and didn't pay for the box or installation, seems its a lot more expensive now, infact i'm not sure i would sign up at those prices now, early adopter ftw, shame i have cancelled it now, getting skyhd instead which works out to be mega expensive in comparison, oh well.

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
So it was free for you but everyone else has to pay?
i'm special, if you didn't know that already then tough.

It was free for everyone when i signed up, was for ages, and setanta was always free.

its only recently they have come up with these 'new' packages to make you spend more, i'm pretty sure you can still have it without the packages though and use it as a freeview recorder and on demand stuff.

anyway, what do i care, i got it all for free, do i look bothered?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I had BT broadband.

That was crap.
can't see how it can be different to any other broadband really, i've been downloading hundreds of gigs a month for years and have had no real issues with them.

they are expensive, thats all i would count against them.