ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTCC Thruxton Pics

Popped down to Thruxton today for the BTCC quali, Clio Cup pictures are here, but here are a few BTCC and other support race photos...

207613512-L.jpg

207618816-L.jpg

207618885-L.jpg

207621109-L.jpg

207628040-L.jpg

207624384-L.jpg

207628249-L.jpg

207627229-L.jpg

207619643-L.jpg

207643079-L.jpg

207644844-L.jpg

207648326-L.jpg

207649595-L.jpg

207648838-L.jpg

The rest are here:

BTCC
Clio Cup
Support Races

cool pics mate! how long do you spend trackside to get pics?

How do you mean? I was there 9am - 4pm today, I usually just wander around the circuit and find a few good spots during the day, then I probably spend half the time taking pics and half the time watching properly. I only went to two places at Thruxton today, the Chicane first thing but then it got really really busy, so I walked around to the Complex and spent the rest of the day there.

whta camera/lenses are u using these days matey?

Still got my trusty Nikon D50 (40,000 shutters and counting, it's getting old!), use my equally trusty second-hand Nikon 80-200 2.8 AF-S which I love to bits despite being far too short for motorsport.

It all better last at least another couple of years as we've just bought a house and are now officially in super-debt!

I see Matt Neal signed for VXR straight after, not really a surprise after letting the two Vectras past and blocking Plato, c**k!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My mates went and said it was good. Apparently they saw a nice formula 3 crash and also something crash onto its roof?

Suzuki Swift Sport
Awesome pics! :) do you tend to shoot in shutter priority when shooting cars at the track? I find that works well, however I saw an article in a magazine saying that for panning shots you should use aperture priority at around f14/15 depending on how much ambient light there is.

Thanks

Nick

Awesome pics! :) do you tend to shoot in shutter priority when shooting cars at the track? I find that works well, however I saw an article in a magazine saying that for panning shots you should use aperture priority at around f14/15 depending on how much ambient light there is.

Shutter Priority 100% of the time, to be honest I don't know why the article would say Aperture Priority as I can't really see any logical reason for it, the one thing you always want control of is shutter speed.