ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Budget to buy a 172

DMS

A thirsty 172
nah not actually. he could be 19 yrs and 8 months for example, still makes him 19 and could of easily passed the test within 6-8months and got a car straight away, think before you post

Actually, you're missing the point. He said he insured a 172 on his 19th birthday with 2 years no claims. The only way he could have 2 years no claims on his 19th birthday is if he passed his test, got a car and got it insured on his 17th birthday, then went for 2 years without having an accident.

My original comment was raised out of curiosity and not because I'm slating him. I was merely enquiring as to how such a thing was possible.

So YOU think before YOU post.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Actually, you're missing the point. He said he insured a 172 on his 19th birthday with 2 years no claims. The only way he could have 2 years no claims on his 19th birthday is if he passed his test, got a car and got it insured on his 17th birthday, then went for 2 years without having an accident.

My original comment was raised out of curiosity and not because I'm slating him. I was merely enquiring as to how such a thing was possible.

So YOU think before YOU post.
Presume he insured his first car on his 17th birthday as a leaner and as the policyholder, then upgraded his 1st years policy when he passed. This would give you 2 years ncb by your 19th birthday, providing you dont crash that it.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Presume he insured his first car on his 17th birthday as a leaner and as the policyholder, then upgraded his 1st years policy when he passed. This would give you 2 years ncb by your 19th birthday, providing you dont crash that it.

Fair point, I suppose it would be possible like that and I can honestly say I didn't think of it that way. But the way gregor said it suggested that he might be 19 and 8 months old, which he wouldn't be on his 19th birthday.

Fair play for the guy doing that though. If I'd had enough money to insure my own car as a learner on my 17th birthday I would have done. It'd have saved me paying nearly 1.5k to insure a 1.6 litre Pug 306.

Anyway, arguing is pointless. It's got nothing to do with the OP :p