ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bugatti Veyron Insurance!

LY V6 with Recaros
I just read some article on the internet on the most expensive cars to insure. £30k on a Veyron with a £50k excess!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Obviously I knew it'd be ridiculous amounts on a car like that, but I've never really thought much about it, so I still couldn't believe it when I read it!

Monaco Blue 172
still makes me chuckle remembering jeremy's "quoted me miserable" comment when he drove it on top gear :D

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
£30k...where do they get these stupid figures for. is that 30k for a 40year old man with 22years no claims bonuses living in "forte knox" (pardon the spelling)

LY V6 with Recaros
It was the £50k excess that got me, more than the actual insurance! Who knows what age they done it for though

RB 200 Cup!
f**king ridiculous price but then again if youve got a veyron youve def got enough money to pay the insurance

Leon Cupra R 225
That's quite expensive as my Aero X :eek: is only £12,500 fully comp on a 20yr old 2yrs ncb and passplus....

:sleepy: *dreamland*

BMW M3
b3nje said:
£30k...where do they get these stupid figures for. is that 30k for a 40year old man with 22years no claims bonuses living in "forte knox" (pardon the spelling)

No that would be 28k

Lol imagine you crashed in to a Veyron and it was your fault haha don't think the insurance company would be best pleased!

Clio 172mk2
adrian flux did a quote for 18-25k to insure i believe but still the 50k excess , didnt say age or ncb though

Ad

MK2 FRS
Its not that bad when you think about it in terms of a 182.

30k of 800k= 3.75% of the cars value

£500 of 12k= 4.2% of the cars value

Ad

MK2 FRS
jimmy_mac said:
My insurance is just under 30% of my cars value. *stomach turns*

Its all relative isnt it. Mine is 8%. So if you think you could afford to spend 800k on a car. 30k is fook all. Bet a clutch change for a Veyron is more than that. lol. Minor service is probably 15k.

Mondeo STTDCI
You dont need insurance if you have a certain amount of cash in the bank IIRC.

MK1 Clio 16v
Ad said:
Its not that bad when you think about it in terms of a 182.

30k of 800k= 3.75% of the cars value

£500 of 12k= 4.2% of the cars value

My car cost me £1700 and my insurance was £2000 TPF&T.

Soo.. £2000 of £1700= ???

:dead: lol

Lol my car originally cost £250 my insurance is £900 FC so thats over 300% lol 30K on a veyron is a bargain

Dave said:
You dont need insurance if you have a certain amount of cash in the bank IIRC.
I've got £3.75 in mine, think I could get away with not having insurance?

Surely not though, just because you have x amount it at one point, doesn't mean to say you'll have it at another point. I'll email my friend Bill @ microsoft, he's got a few bucks.

Clio 172mk2
dont forget the veyon cost 800k to buy but somet like 4m to make for each one , vw made a big loss.

My brother's in the process of trying to hire a skoda octavia wrc for a rally later on in the year - best quote of insurance so far (for one day) is £3,400 with a £24,000 excess. Makes the veyron's insurance seem pretty reasonable!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
The Veyron is to be bought by the super rich so 30k with hardly kill them on insurance. Seems a lot to us folk though...

Tyson.