ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bullets

EP2 i-VETEC 1.6
Is it possible to spray the bullets all one colour and then work on the letters, i had intended to use masking tape for the big bits that r easily covered and blu-tac for the bits between the numbers is this the best way to go about it?

Focus ST170
No mate easyiest way is to spray the whole bullet the colour you want then use touch up pens to do the lettering the colour you want them..

that's how i did it and it worked for me, ppl might know diff ways but that worked for me.. just make sure you sand and prep properly to get a good finnish..

JJS

1.2 16v Clio
ive been trying to do my bullets white with black lettering for quite a while now mate. Tried around 6 different methods and none of them have come out at a standard im happy to put on my car.

Some people are better at it than others, some people just have lower standards than others.

Focus ST170
Touch up pen will not run if your doing it in room temp conditions, if its cold it will run especially laquering in cold temps.. just try and do it indoors tho' atm you could do it outside and have no problems!!

Black Gold Trophy
I just used a really thin paint brush, as long as you keep a minimal amount of paint on the brush its fine!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've sprayed my bullets, anth and flame red lettering about 6 months ago going to take it off over the weekend back to the original silver with not having other dark bits on car like wheels

1.2 16v Clio
dunno might jus do it all 1 colour alot easier an alot better on the blood pressure;)

thats im doing mate.. keeping them all white. The only other thing i could suggest would be the tape they use for pin striping as that can bend and be used on curves.. only a suggestion, aint tried that one myself though.

F56 MINI Cooper S
would it work if you was to dip a peice of sponge in the paint you want the lettering , and dab it onto the lettering as it sticks out slightly?

p.s how do the bullets come off, do the side strips need to be off first?