ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bulletstorm

1.8 Civic EX
Supprised there isn't a thread up for this already...

Anyone had a go on the demo yet? I had a quick blast, it does seem to be a complete piss take of COD exactly as the adverts would sugest. Just a bit of mindless fun and seeing how you can kill the enemey in the most "artistic" fashion which is quite good for lol's.

Not so sure if I like it or not though. Maybe one to wait for it to hit the bargain bin seeing as the single player campaign is apparently only about 8-10hours long and multiplayer is bascially only a co-op of the main campaign.

Can't post vids as at work but plenty on youtube and gametrailers.com

Fiesta ST-2
I thought it was shite tbh, graphics looked shite, gameplay was crap, pulling people towards you then kicking them is fun like the first time.

Evo 5 RS
are you bent? Bulletstorm is immense, most fun I've had from a game in ages. And if you think the graphics look s**te, you could quite possibly require some thicker lenses. The Unreal 3 engine looks amazing

Edit: This is on PC though, not sure if it looks the same on other platforms. Think of it as a next gen Serious Sam

Last edited:
  Bus w**ker
I loved the demo but my mates all hate it. Will read the reviews and then decide if I'm buying or not.

It's your generic UT3 graphics unfortunately (while they do look ok, i wouldn't rate them as the best!)
Initially i think it's pretty damn fun and would rate it as being Dead Space 2 but more complete, same sort've style to be honest (level/game/gun-wise)

Fiesta ST-2
are you bent? Bulletstorm is immense, most fun I've had from a game in ages. And if you think the graphics look s**te, you could quite possibly require some thicker lenses. The Unreal 3 engine looks amazing

Edit: This is on PC though, not sure if it looks the same on other platforms. Think of it as a next gen Serious Sam

No I'm not bent... If I said the reason I didn't like the game was because their weren't enough men running around naked slapping their c***s on each other I'd see your point. I just thought it was too gimmicky, didn't impress me at all, that's just my opinion. Looking online it gets decent reviews though.

Evo 5 RS
Did someone just compare Dead Space 2 to a pick up and play shoot 'em up? jesus wept.

If you're downing this game because it's too gimmicky you're obviously taking a few things too seriously! It's great fun

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It must have made me laugh twice. Nice work :cool:

As for the game, I'll try it later. Got the demo all ready to play. Some demo's are crap anyway. I hated Dead Space demo but loved the full game.

And so on.

Thought it was alright, nothing too special though. I can see how the extra guns/levels might give it more playability but the demo didn't really win me over.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Ive got the game on ps3.

Wasnt sure whether to get killzone 3 or this but after speaking to a few of the staff in gamestation they all said bulletstorm. Been playing all morning and its immense best fun ive had on a console for ages.

oh and whats up with the gfx they look good

Astra Twintop
This will only sell on the Xbox due to the Gears 3 Beta they've packaged with the limited edition one.

My mate is a HUGE Gears fan, and admits he won't even bother with Bulletstorm

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Too many people judging it without even playing it

It scored over 90% in most reviews a lot say its bought something totally new to the fps genre and i agree

You get nothing for killing people in the same way twice in bulletstorm ;) You have to think of new imaginative ways to kill the enemy :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I thought it was shite tbh, graphics looked shite, gameplay was crap, pulling people towards you then kicking them is fun like the first time.

Wow - I was pretty damned impressed with it on the PC!
That part with the mutant tree thingy level-boss was one of the best bosses I've come up against in a long time. I was really impressed at just how much was going on on screen without any slowdown at all

It's been really enjoyable for me so far. Proper tongue-in-cheek and completely OTT. And I've simply not tired of the sniper rifle - that is epic.

Oh, and the fact that you get bonus points (skillshot) for shooting an enemy in the balls or the ass is brilliant. I hope they make a sequel. :)

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
That's a good enough endorsement for me. I'll be buying this in due course.

It's a good no-brainer shooter, Royston. Non-to-cerebral and probably not that long (though I've yet to finish it). Check out some of the sniping here on the consoles....

It's MUCH easier and precise with K&M! Not a single headshot in that clip - tsch! ;)

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mondeo diesel barge
Excellent game! Love trying to get the new combo's, will definitely try and get to the stage of the moves in that video. Breakdance skill shot ftw!

Also on PC here, as I'm not bent :)

1.8 Civic EX
I never actually got round to buying this but noticed my local asda have it new for £25..

worth getting for that price? I've seen in some shops there is a limited edition of the game, anyone know what extras you get with that one?
I've tried searching the net but a lot of gaming websites etc are blocked by the works web filter :(

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I found it in game this weekend on PC for £14.99, tbh I'm loving it, great game, definitely recommended.