ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bump Strip Rattle

Polo + Micra

i know most off the inside rattles but it does sound stupid from the outside with the plastic on metal rattle

Has anyone suffered from this???
Is there anyway you can stop it???

(Please no turn your music down comments)

I cannot see why they would rattle unles there not fitted propely.

Are you sure there correctly fitted?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

if its due to bass, then live with it, once you get rid of that rattle, another will come. Only solution is alot of sound deadening to bulk up the panels. Even high build quality cars such as veedubs eventually loosen and begin to rattle after months of heavy bass.

if you really want to stop the rattling though, take them off, get the sticky double sided tape which youd put license plates on with, and put that behind it, should be enough to stop it rattling, and it will come off if you really want it off later.

[Edited by Friction on 14 November 2004 at 10:47pm]

Polo + Micra

yeah i dynamated my doors and boot lid this weekend and it has helped alot but the bump strips still rattle (and theres still another sub to go in yet)

yeah that should do it i think ill have too wait till next weekend till i sort it

try using expanding foam in the boot, in the creveses(for lack of a better word that i can think of)(sp) but not too much! also in your tailgate