ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bump Strips mk1 172

172 Cup SOLD

Hi, ive noticed a few people with mk1 silver 172s, have got colour coded bump strips....am i right in thinkin these are from renault off a newer 172??

if so, has anyone got the part number please?

na fella go to a ( local ) body shop tell them that you want to colour code your side strips and they should be more than happy to help.

Justin

172 Cup SOLD

you reckon this will be cheaper??

The car will have to go to a body shop at some stage anyhow as i want a little work done to it (when i get it!)

Depends, either way they will have to stripped and painted anyway.

I got my side strips colour coded but I got him to smooth over the 2.0 badge on my ph1 172 so it is effectively debadged. If you dont want the chrome badges, this would be the way to go.

If you want the chrome badges then you could just get the badges and code the existing side strips and add the badges.

172 Cup SOLD

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 24 August 2005

Depends, either way they will have to stripped and painted anyway.

I got my side strips colour coded but I got him to smooth over the 2.0 badge on my ph1 172 so it is effectively debadged. If you dont want the chrome badges, this would be the way to go.

If you want the chrome badges then you could just get the badges and code the existing side strips and add the badges.

cheers for the info fella!