ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bumpy bumpy

hay all i was wondring if the ride wud be bad if i fitted good suspetion but lowered it 40 mm, how bad??? 4 1 a 172 ph 2, cuz my mate has 1 and hes just changed the springs 2 apex 40mm drop, but i find the ride BAAAD bumpy bumpy, lol let me no cuz his looks good but i aint keen on the ride, soz about the spellin

Titanium 182
This should really be in the 'Suspension, brakes, wheels & tyres' section :)

To answer your question in your short, lowering the car on standard springs will effect it's ride quality. However, a small drop won't be too noticable.

A lot of people have mentioned the poor ride quality the Apex springs seem to give the car.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
This should really be in the 'Suspension, brakes, wheels & tyres' section :)

To answer your question in your short, lowering the car on standard springs will effect it's ride quality. However, a small drop won't be too noticable.

A lot of people have mentioned the poor ride quality the Apex springs seem to give the car.

how do you lower a car on standard springs :rasp:

apex have been known for being abit bumper,
(i have them, and think theyre fine tbh)

your always going to loose comfort when lowering,
its just a case of how much,

eibach sportlines i have heard offers a good compromise,
they only lower 30mm tho

Titanium 182
how do you lower a car on standard springs :rasp:

You can lower on standard springs, by chopping them down! Obviously I'd never do this and would advise others away from it too. Don't want to open a can of worms on that topic, though.

But yes, I meant shocks ;)

And Sportlines are 20mm front and 15mm rear?