ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BUPping @ FCS (**NWS contains tyre abuse**)

Clio
im at work so will have to watch this later, bet theres loads of swearing coming from me isnt there!!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Not impressed by the Trophy's.

Why not? Trust me the trophy is a brilliant car. Alot better than the std 172/182.
Having watched that video and Mark's, they just didn't seem to have an edge. I appreciate they may not have been trying and that Harry is a loon and Mark is a god but straight line speed wasn't there and they didn't seem to do anything above and beyond.

I take it that a B road is a more natural habit for a Trophy?

clio 182 trophy
Why not? Trust me the trophy is a brilliant car. Alot better than the std 172/182.
Having watched that video and Mark's, they just didn't seem to have an edge. I appreciate they may not have been trying and that Harry is a loon and Mark is a god but straight line speed wasn't there and they didn't seem to do anything above and beyond.

i take it you ain't driven a trophy, cos if you had you wouldn't be saying that and you can't judge a car by watching a video were the person driving may have been going slower for a reason!!

besides track sessions are for fun, for the person driving, lets them get to know the car and how it handles, at his or her owns speeds.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

i take it you ain't driven a trophy, cos if you had you wouldn't be saying that and you can't judge a car by watching a video were the person driving may have been going slower for a reason!!

besides track sessions are for fun, for the person driving, lets them get to know the car and how it handles, at his or her owns speeds.
I haven't, no. I never professed to having done so.

I'm not doubting a Trophy's abilities, but for all the hype, not to mention the extra cost, I really can't see how the Trophy is worth twice what my 172 is worth as it certainly doesn't appear to be twice as good.

This video has just clarified this for me.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
That brings me onto trophy's, i have to say i never liked them because of thier ride height, but i know theres a reason for that so i let it be. so im expected to be left by the 3 trophy's infront of me.
i wasnt, of the 2 that managed to stay on track i passed them both.

although i understand that its down to driver too so i guess its no real test. i was just abit disapointed with them.

:)

Being your first track outing, you'll be forgiven for thinking that it was a race. 7mat of those 3 trophy, all the drivers were first time Rockingham drivers. 7Mat, who is one of the Trophy's in question also had a passenger so was taking it easy. I believe this was the only you passed.

On an open track he's a quick driver, take my word for it.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
That brings me onto trophy's, i have to say i never liked them because of thier ride height, but i know theres a reason for that so i let it be. so im expected to be left by the 3 trophy's infront of me.
i wasnt, of the 2 that managed to stay on track i passed them both.

although i understand that its down to driver too so i guess its no real test. i was just abit disapointed with them.

:)

Being your first track outing, you'll be forgiven for thinking that it was a race. 7mat of those 3 trophy, all the drivers were first time Rockingham drivers. 7Mat, who is one of the Trophy's in question also had a passenger so was taking it easy. I believe this was the only you passed.

watch the video pal, i go past 2. but like i said no real test, i just expected them to be quicker.

and as i keep getting told the guy who crashed was a good driver, so dont give me any s**t about it being all of thier first times.

80MPG BEEZA
yup we got past all the trophies we were laughing about how their handling is supposed to be superior and us filthy mud bllods in moto-x helmets past them easy, k-tecs demo car was quick but not mighty quick but we dont know how much he opened it up

and manback you should have kept going on the cool down lap when we chased yozza's car :)

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
yup we got past all the trophies we were laughing about how their handling is supposed to be superior and us filthy mud bllods in moto-x helmets past them easy, k-tecs demo car was quick but not mighty quick but we dont know how much he opened it up

and manback you should have kept going on the cool down lap when we chased yozza's car :)

ha ha.
shame i didnt see that going.
id love to see how fast it was compared to the turbo.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

watch the video pal, i go past 2. but like i said no real test, i just expected them to be quicker.

and as i keep getting told the guy who crashed was a good driver, so dont give me any s**t about it being all of thier first times.
:headno: i was talking about their first time at rockingham.

182 Trophy (216/500)
Has everyone missed the point that the Trophy is the same bhp as the normal 182 and only 10bhp more than the 172?

If you have the pleasure of a CUP 172 you are lighter than the Trophy so the extra 10nhp isn't going to make any difference.

As people have stated a track day is not about racing to see who is the fastest and then turning round to everyone and saying you and your car are better, people go on track days to have a bit of fun and see what they can do it in reasonable safety (eg run of areas and tyre walls).

The Trophy is a great car in my opinion and thats what it comes down to, peoples opinion. Have a drive of one, but remember the speed isn't the main selling point of the car, if it was it would have been given an increase in bhp over the 182, the selling point is the whole package!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
^ and also why test your limits in a car which is Limited Edition.... I wouldn't want a crashed up Trophy tbh
It's more about testing the cars limits... sometimes these are higher than the drivers (as demonstrated on the day).

The whole argument of 'Speed Kills' come from the fact that people drive on the road too fast for the road conditions. Not because they are doing 40 in a 30. They shouldn't be doing 40 going past schools etc.

These track days are good for exploring the limits of the car in safety, consider that most RS models are far quicker than you actual need them to be as standard!

If every owner tested their car's limits on track and not on the road you wouldn't see so many spares parts for sale through the breakers yards.

Clio

so half an hour wasnt long enough to learn the track... when I race I have 12 minutes qualifying to learn new tracks.. :rolleyes:

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

so half an hour wasnt long enough to learn the track... when I race I have 12 minutes qualifying to learn new tracks.. :rolleyes:

Correct me if i'm wrong but the vidoes posted were not taken in the last minute of the session. Each session was 30 minutes long. The first vid is probably from the first or second lap of the session (which was also interupted for a good 10 minutes).

M!keydee or should I call you Mansell, I guess ragging you car on the first lap or so, on a track you don't know is the best and most advised driving style?

Maybe the rest of the motorsport world should be told of this unknown secret as my impression, when I raced, was after practice sessions and spare time when the tracks are clear (when you get to walk the track) your first lap should always be taken at around half pace to warm the brakes, tyres and engine up......

I guess you like to rev your car from cold to warm it up quicker?

:quiet:

mini cooper (RIP 172)
Starting to PMSL at this thread now

yer come on ppl i'm sure the vids are a bit of fun, and mr manback and others had alot of fun (looked like it;) ) on the track:rasp:

i think manback thought the Trophy's would kill him, but really they was nothing in it:eek: