ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

burning smell

J

jakm15

Hi, I have a W REG 1.2 Clio Grande. I recently noticed a burning smell coming from my car; you can smell it when you get out of the car and also from the back of the engine, it also comes out of the heater. You can only smell it once the car gets hot. I recently went down a dirt track my car was red when I set off then brown with mud at the other end, it went all underneath the car and some went on the engine. I jet washed the whole of the car and blasted all of the mud of the underneath and cleaned the entire engine, there is still mud on the exhaust but it is really hard. The smell just started as I got to the end of the road. Is it burning mud or something else???????? :S

you've gotmud into laces it shouldn't be best get cleaning the engine check the exhaust joints etc but don't jet wash or spray watr on the engine bay

J

jakm15

you've gotmud into laces it shouldn't be best get cleaning the engine check the exhaust joints etc but don't jet wash or spray watr on the engine bay

ive give the engine a wipe down but the smell is comming from the back of the engine from low down i think, ive give underneith a squirt with the hose pipe and thats about it. im hoping it will go away lol, thanks for your help.